TapcisForum  

Go Back   Tapcis Web Forums > Open Forums > The TapRoom

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 18th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Immoderator

Default Teddy and Me

Today's mail brought a plaintive plea from Senator Edward M. Kennedy (D-MA) that I join with him in contributing to the Democratic Senatorial Election Campaign Fund (or somesuch) and thereby help thwart the nefarious right-wing agenda of George W. Bush (Boo! Hiss!).

Senator Kennedy even enclosed a postpaid, addressed envelope for whatever I would care to offer.

Alas, I could not see my way to making a financial contribution, but I figured Senator Kennedy and the faceless toilers in his money-grubbing vineyard might be in need of some reading material offering a bit more variety than the Senator's own turgid prose.

Fortunately, the same mail delivery which brough me Senator Kennedy's heart-wrenching appeal also contained a wide variety of jun^H^H^H bulk rate advertising material. I asked myself, as I am wont to do on such occasions, WWMMD? (What would Michael Moore do?)

So,...I crammed somewhere between eight ounces and a pound of assorted reading materials (AARP insurance offers, great deals from GEICO, miscellanous magazine subscription offers, etc., etc.) in the envelope so thoughtfully furnished by the Senator and heaved it into one of the boxes provided by the US Postal Service to receive outgoing mail.

Sure; the postage may cost the Democratic Senatorial etc. a few bucks which will now be unavailable to fund their efforts to unseat the Devil's spawn currently occupying the Republican seats in the Senate, but I hope they will consider it a small price to pay for the wonderful variety of reading material that will soon be in their hands.

It is always satisfying to know one is performing good works.