TapcisForum  

Go Back   Tapcis Web Forums > Tapcis and OzWin Support > Tapcis Support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 26th, 2005, 01:24 PM

Default WIN98se and XP and TAPCIS and me

hey, found something that goes into this section. sorry, under this chapter. no, what i mean, into this folder. and right into this thread:

moved (guess why) some of my TAPCIS installations onto computers running WIN98se and WIN XP.

strangely enough, the one under WIN98se runs much better: at reasonable speed, and there is this bar on top where i can cut/copy/paste from/to within TAPCIS. acceptable ...

a reasonably resizable window, in several steps, and with ALT/ENTER a great full screen version, quite usable.

a different picture under XP (latest version and updates): very very slow, visibly so. up and downloads at speeds of under 600bd (not Kb!). same modem as above, same phone line.

basically, same installation too. or at least, i cannot tell where i made a difference.

but window not resizable (ALT/ENT works though), and worse, no toolbar for cut/copy/paste, just nothing there. normal WIN cut/copy does not respond.

so, if i can get the experts out of the kitchen, away from their beer, and into the antique-computer den, have a go, please. salonso is here waiting with me.

greetings - heinz -