TapcisForum  

Go Back   Tapcis Web Forums > Open Forums > Non-Tap Technical

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 7th, 2007, 08:40 PM
biocryptologist

Default HTML/CSS question for an expert

I know that we have some people here who know their HTML and CSS, and maybe you can answer this question.

If I look at the print-friendly view of an article in the New York Daily News, for example this article, and then try to save it, for example using Firefox to Save Page As in the Web page, complete format. When I view the page from the web server the font is small and the text flows around the picture which is embedded in the upper right corner of the text column. If I load the saved file into my web browser, that style information is not there.

I have tried View Source and saved from that, downloaded the html and the css files separately, but whatever I do I don't see the style when I view the saved files that I see when I view the page on the web server.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where the style information comes from and how I can duplicate the identical look of what I see on the server?

I'm trying to generate a PDF version of an article from that site with some slight formatting change so I would like to be able to start from what is there.