TapcisForum  

Go Back   Tapcis Web Forums > Open Forums > Non-Tap Technical

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 30th, 2006, 09:57 PM

Default Using TAPCIS.COM Email's Outgoing Server

I have one of the tapcis.com Email addresses and have been successfully using it with Thunderbird as my Email client. Today I got a new computer, with wireless capability. I downloaded the latest version of Tbird, and installed it, and with my old computer beside me, tried to set up Tbird properly.

I was able to receive my Email with no trouble, but I could not send any. I have a couple of theories about this: one is that the smtp server settings have to be different from what they were using dial-up service. Another is that the wireless operation is blocking use of the outgoing servers. Yet another is that the virus checker and/or built-in firewall on the new computer are blocking outgoing Email.

I experimented by using my old computer to send a message, so I don't think the server itself is down.

I have had slightly different results in the various attempts to send using the new computer. Most of the time, it doesn't ask for the password for the outgoing server, which usually it would do once, then allow the password to be saved. Once it did ask for the password, but although I told it to save it, it didn't. All the time, though, I get an error message saying "The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server smtpout.secureserver.net failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your SMTP server setting is correct and try again, or else contact your network administrator".