TapcisForum  

Go Back   Tapcis Web Forums > Open Forums > The TapRoom

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 12th, 2005, 11:43 PM

Default We wuz robbed or the Umps Stink '05 Playoffs

I gotta say that the umpiring in this 2005 playoffs has been atrocious. The band of umpires categorically refuse to reverse themselves when they make a bad call. The latest case in point was tonight's game between the White Sox and the Angels. Two outs in the 9th, the ump literally punches out the hittter on a strike three call that the catcher digs out right at dirt level. Doesn't make a verbal call, which is seemingly his bad habit. The batter runs to first and the ump says NO I NEVER CALLED HIM OUT. I saw the replays of this home plate umps calls throughout the game and he always did the same thing. A punch out motion with his right arm and he did that in this case. Then reverses his call and says the ball wasn't caught by the catcher, but that it bounced up into his glove (a replay shows it was caught not bounced).

The disturbing thing is everyone saw on national TV that he punched the guy out and he disputes the proof of our own eyes. And the crew chief refused to overturn his decision? The umps seem to be interjecting themselves into the game and that is not good, not good at all.

The Angels wuz robbed tonite.