TapcisForum  

Go Back   Tapcis Web Forums > Open Forums > Non-Tap Technical

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 20th, 2005, 07:59 PM

Default Filtering by TAPCIS.COM Email

Those who play the Dixonary game have run into a problem receiving some posts via Email. This happened with a recent message posted in the Coryphaeus Yahoo group announcing the results of the preceding round. The message was originally posted here in the Parlor forum, but never made it to the Yahoo group (that is another problem but I'm ignoring it for now).

Someone helped out by copying and pasting the message here into a message that he then Emailed to the Yahoo group. His message was properly emailed by Yahoo and reached some participants but not others. I was one of those who didn't receive the message, so I experimented a bit.

I went into the Yahoo group and read the message. I used the Forward button to forward it to my tapcis.com Email address, to another of my Yahoo addresses, to my husband, and to another participant. The message was delivered to my other Yahoo address and to my husband. It was not delivered to my tapcis.com address or to the other participant (not a tapcis.com address).

I then forwarded it again to my tapcis.com Email address and to the other participant, but this time I removed the links to other sites that were at the beginning of the message (not the links that Yahoo sticks in). This time the message was delivered to both of us.

Apparently there is something that tapcis.com Email processing does that filters out some messages with no error information provided. My guess is that it's either spam filtering or virus filtering.

I am not sure what can be done about this, but if it is possible to report it to the tapcis.com Email management, I can provide the message number in the Yahoo group or could try forwarding the message to someone here.