TapcisForum  

Go Back   Tapcis Web Forums > Open Forums > Non-Tap Technical

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 20th, 2005, 01:38 PM
I'm here for the beer

Default Printing from IE6

I'm hoping someone here can give me some help with printing in IE6. I normally use Mozilla, but our new Fedline Web application requires IE. I'm trying to do some screen prints to use for training, but I can't get IE to print anything but the current frame, even when I select the print option "Print frames as layed out on screen" (as opposed to "Only the selected frame" -- which appears to be the default -- and "All frames individually". Also, it doesn't include the graphical parts of the layout, which means it excludes items import to training documentation like buttons. I can't find any option that might include those. Highly frustrating!

This PC uses Windows XP Pro, by the way.

The Federal Reserve is highly restrictive about which workstations are allowed to access its web site, so I can't run this from my own PC workstation, where I could use SnagIt or IrfanView. I guess, if nothing else will do the trick, i could install a trial version of SnagIt for long enough to do the screen captures. But mostly we're trying to leave the Fedline workstation clean of all but the software needed for that application.

One other IE question: How do I get the program to launch in something other than a window the size of a postage stamp? I can't find anything that will launch it by default in a maximized window, and I'm tired of having to hit the button at the top of the page before I can read any significant part of the screen. The one on my own office desktop opens maximized, but so far as I know, it's been that way from the time it was installed. I don't recall doing anything to make it display that way. If it makes a difference, my workstation is running Windows 2000 Professional.

Thanks!

--Lindsey