TapcisForum  

Go Back   Tapcis Web Forums > Open Forums > The Parlor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 6th, 2019, 08:07 PM
Judy Madnick

Default [Dixonary] Round 3004 - JEBEL - VOTE NOW!

First, an apology: There are 3 DQs, but due to some computer difficulties I'm having, I'm very anxious to move things along with the hope that I will be able to finish the round, so I didn't try a new word. The tech rep is coming tomorrow, but one of my issues is my hard drive, and if it needs to be replaced, I don't know if he or she has a replacement...yet. Thank goodness for backups, but I would still need to install my programs. :-(

Here are 14 definitions for the word JEBEL shared exactly as I received them -- but only one is correct. Please send your votes by responding to the Dixonary group for what you believe are two definitions most likely to have come from a dictionary. The deadline for voting is Thursday, August 8th, at 8 a.m. Eastern Time. As usual, I will let you determine the time in your time zone. :-)

Any misspellings, weird spacing, etc., are my fault (I'll take the blame!) and not an indication of the accuracy of a particular definition.

Good luck! ~Judy

1. (Noun) Obnoxiously loud; inconsiderate.
2. [Turk.] a stable-boy.
3. [Arab.] a deep gully with steep sides.
4. a courtesan or favourite wife.
5. A knife resembling a sword.
6. A highly contagious distemper or murrain, affecting neat cattle, and less commonly sheep and goats.
7. a flat, polished surface (as a stone).
8. A Middle-Eastern sweetmeat, consisting of dried and minced apricots, almond paste, and honey.
9. an illicit liaison.
10. Another name for the typographic symbol commonly known as the slash.
11. Generic term for any messy situation that has been caused by children ignoring their parents' warnings.
12. hill or mountain.
13. Millage on a coin.
14. One who readily acquiesces or conforms. ? ? ?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...APTOP-BV6VBI87.