TapcisForum  

Go Back   Tapcis Web Forums > Open Forums > Forum Use and Help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 26th, 2006, 04:44 PM

Default Back From Florida

Well I'm just back from 16 glorious days in Florida and coming to the forum for the first time--so many items popped up when I hit new posts--I hope by tomorrow I won't see them all again--it's all so confusing. [g]

Anyway I'll give a little description of the trip if that's okay.

We really enjoyed our return to Florida--the 16 days flew by so fast. We had superb weather for the most part--sunny and mild with very little rain-- and Florida looked better than ever--tourist highlights included the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach, Fairchild Gardens in Coral Gables which happened to have a special outdoor showing of Dale Chiluly's glasswork, Bonnet House Museum and Gardens in Fort Lauderdale, the Deering Estate at Cutler in Miami, the Marie Selby Botanical Garden in Sarasota including a special exhibit of Costa Rican masks where we'll be going in late Feb next month, Animal Kingdom in Disneyland [Orlando], great bird watching in the Everglades, Ding Darling Wildlife Sanctuary in Sanibel and the Corkscrew Swamp in Naples. There was great city walking on Lincoln Road in South Beach, Naples, Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale and Worth Ave in Palm Beach. We really got around from Key West to Orlando and from Miami to Fort Meyers. The food was of all varieties and delicious. And it was so nice to be meeting friends and relatives at various points along the way.

Regards, Len