TapcisForum  

Go Back   Tapcis Web Forums > Open Forums > Forum Use and Help

Old June 3rd, 2005, 11:46 AM

Default start a new thread

If I can figure out how to get to the starting place in the forum where all starts, then I can start a new thread. I guess if I look long enough I can get an answer to one of my questions. Whew!
Gil
  View Parent  #2  
Old June 3rd, 2005, 04:07 PM
Chief Cook & BottleWasher

You can always get back to the top of all of the forums, a group of forums or the specific forum you're in. See the attached image. Each of the underlined areas is a hotlink back to an area.
Attached Images
File Type: gif tracks.gif (9.9 KB, 6 views)
  View Parent  #3  
Old June 4th, 2005, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy G. Russell
You can always get back to the top of all of the forums, a group of forums or the specific forum you're in. See the attached image. Each of the underlined areas is a hotlink back to an area.
Thanks. I think I am "slowly" getting the hang of this. I imagine in a year or two I'll have it. (-:
I do not see the nice diagram you sent to me when I send this message back to you. Is there a way I can include the digram?
Gil
  View Parent  #4  
Old June 4th, 2005, 09:58 AM

No, and please don't try to include the image someone else sends you in a message. That just increases the space taken by the message, without purpose. If someone needs to see it, that person can read back up the thread.
  View Parent  #5  
Old June 4th, 2005, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy G. Russell
Ummm. I'm still a bit confused about the structure of this place when you (or the software) refers to "Top of all forums", "Top of this group of forums", and "Top of this forum". Guess I still tend to think of sections within a single forum but apparently each of what we used to call Sections is now called a Forum?

And what is the relationship of the pages: The TapcisForum on the web and Tapcis Web Forums?

Is there a diagram of how this place (or places) is laid out?

BB
  View Parent  #6  
Old June 4th, 2005, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyB
A good view is the "Tapcis Web Forums" index: http://www.tapcis.com/forums/index.php?
  View Parent  #7  
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Ummm. I'm still a bit confused about the structure of this place when you (or the software) refers to "Top of all forums", "Top of this group of forums", and "Top of this forum". Guess I still tend to think of sections within a single forum but apparently each of what we used to call Sections is now called a Forum?
Right: what we called a section is called a forum in this software. So the top of all forums would be Tapcis Web Forums, the top of a group of forums would be (for example) Open Forums or Tapcis and OzWin Support, and the top of this forum would be the sticky message about Quick Reply.

Quote:
And what is the relationship of the pages: The TapcisForum on the web and Tapcis Web Forums?
The website http://www.tapcis.com is a portal into the webforums and a place where other information can be made available (such as the tribute to Howard Benner).

Quote:
As Dan suggests, go to this index page and you'll see the categories (groups of forums) with the specific constituent forums for each category.