View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2019, 07:32 AM
Judy Madnick

Default [Dixonary] Round 3028 - OBELISCOLYCHNY - VOTE NOW!

Here are 11 definitions for the word OBELISCOLYCHNY shared as I received them (except the addition of a period at the end of those that didn't include one!) -- but only one is correct. Please send your votes by responding to the Dixonary group for what you believe are two definitions most likely to have come from a dictionary. The deadline for voting is Wednesday, November 20th, at 8 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

I apologize for the long voting time, but it's the best I can do this week.

Any misspellings, weird spacing, etc., are my fault and not an indication of the accuracy of a particular definition.

Good luck!

Judy Madnick
Albany, NY

1. Native to or produced within a system.
2. a manner that is serious and solemn.
3. a type of tumor characterized by needle-like protuberances [Med.].
4. A surgical procedure done to change the appearance of the navel from an "outie" to an "innie."
5. Needle-shaped, pointed; originally applied to the design of Russian rockets.
6. An ancient defense mechanism, where heavy stones were placed in strategic positions; upon approach of an enemy they could be toppled over easily, with the intended aim of crushing the attackers.
7. [Arch] a lighthouse built on a pillar.
8. a surgical procedure to repair the Fallopian tubes after a tubal pregnancy.
9. A substance supposed by 18th-century chemists to exist in all combustible bodies, and to be released in combustion.
10. The art and practice of carving free-standing monuments from bedrock.
11. the study of the design of monuments.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...APTOP-NG0A64CK.