View Single Post
  View Parent  #16  
Old July 26th, 2019, 10:14 AM
'Efrem G Mallach' via Dixonary

Default Re: [Dixonary] Round 3001 GRAINEUR Defs - Vote Now!

Mine is the only plausible one, though unfortunately few players share that opinion. Of the rest, I'll pick 8 and 13. If 13 is fake, its composer deserves a point for correct use of an accent tréma.

Efrem

> On Jul 25, 2019, at 9:28 AM, Tim Lodge <dix (AT) timlodge (DOT) co.uk> wrote:
>
> It's 36°C/97°F here and we haven't got aircon - not exactly conducive to working at a computer! Anyway we have 14 imaginative defs of the word GRAINEUR, only one of which came from my dictionary. Please vote for your two favourites by public reply to this message, before the deadline of:
>
>
>
> 11:00 on Saturday 27th July, which is
>
> 10:00 GMT
>
> 12:00 CET
>
> 6:00 AM EDT
>
> 3:00 AM PDT
>
> 22:00 NZST in New Zealand
>
>
>
> New players are welcome- just don't look after the word until after you've voted:
>
>
>
> -- Tim L
>
>
>
> *** GRAINEUR ***
>
>
> 8. a person skilled in painting false grains on plaster, in imitation of expensive woods.
>
>
>
> 13. one of a class of poet-musicians flourishing in northern France in the 1100s and 1200s, who composed chiefly narrative works, such as the chansons de geste, in langue d'oïl.
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...%40verizon.net.