Tapcis Web Forums

Tapcis Web Forums (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/index.php)
-   The TapRoom (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pull up a bar stool... (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13)

TapcisForum May 24th, 2005 01:31 PM

Pull up a bar stool...

The TAProom is the public meeting place for wide open discussions. Two rules: no obscenities and no personal attacks. Beyond that, jump into a conversation with some of the most vocal, most opinionated, and nicest people you'll ever meet.

FrankMCook May 25th, 2005 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TapcisForum
The TAProom is the public meeting place for wide open discussions. Two rules: no obscenities and no personal attacks. Beyond that, jump into a conversation with some of the most vocal, most opinionated, and nicest people you'll ever meet.

The only way I found to reply was to click on the "quote" button. Looks like I may be the first to have even found that method.

Do I need to use a CIS id number so people will know who I am?

estherschindler May 25th, 2005 12:43 PM

Piffle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMCook

We all know who you are.

Silvia Carry May 25th, 2005 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMCook

No Frank, I think everyone who comes here remembers you.

Sil

Judy G. Russell May 25th, 2005 01:48 PM

Check out the Missing the Reply Button? thread in the Forum Use & Help section...

chm May 25th, 2005 06:18 PM

Thanks

Hi All.

So, who's here so far? :)

Judy G. Russell May 25th, 2005 09:50 PM

Hiya, Carolyn! (waving back)

Linda Rawson May 26th, 2005 09:36 AM

Pull up a bar stool...

¡Che!

Hola Sil, nice to see your smiling typeface again. How have you been? I have missed seeing your posts and getting your advice.

FrankMCook May 26th, 2005 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estherschindler
We all know who you are.

quick, Estah, stand behind me and no one will know you are here.

MollyM/CA May 28th, 2005 07:18 PM

Omigawd! We're All Here!

(It's a song. I didn't know it was a song until I got the Little House Songbook.)

Andy Sterner May 28th, 2005 09:05 PM

Hiya, Judy. I'm nosing around right now. Looks like things are just getting started.

--arsesq

Judy G. Russell May 28th, 2005 09:33 PM

Hya, Molly! Good to see ya!

Judy G. Russell May 28th, 2005 09:33 PM

Andy! How are you??? Long time no see! Yep, the place is so new the paint's still wet, so be careful what you lean up against!

Bill Hirst May 30th, 2005 04:24 AM

Hi Andy! Welcome aboard. Pull up a deck chair and order something with a little umbrella in it.

franellewetz May 30th, 2005 12:03 PM

franellewetz

Not sure I know how this works, but I'm trying.

I'm not sure which message I'm replying to, nor do I know what the title is. So I put in my new user ID. We'll see.

Help!!

Judy G. Russell May 30th, 2005 02:40 PM

You may want to change your display mode in your user options (UserCP at the top left | Edit Options | Thread Display Options | Thread Display Mode) to the hybrid mode and then (a) you'll see a thread tree at the top and messages below and (b) you can click on the quick reply button of any message (to the right of Edit and Quote there's an icon that looks like a quill pen on a sheet of paper) and it will reply to that message. If you choose the threaded mode, you'll see the thread tree and ONE message below. Same thing works for the quick reply.

The subject isn't filled in but instead is the first few words of the message you write, so it's easy for people to glance and see if they want to read more.

davidh May 31st, 2005 04:25 PM

I tried at 4:30pm EST and couldn't get into web view of go.compuserve.com/tapcis nor ozwin, so I assume the forums are now permanently closed.

BTW, go.compuserve.com/catholiconline still seemed to be open, but it has only two sections. Maybe it has not been closed because most of the forum is private?

David H.

Judy G. Russell May 31st, 2005 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The forum shell is still open, David, and I was able to post one final message (perhaps only because of my sysop status):

davidh May 31st, 2005 07:28 PM

Judy,

Thank you for the thumbnail.

I missed one or two replies to me, that came as notifications to me by email from go.compuserve.com/tapcis *after* the web address stopped working. So at least I got to see the "lights out".

David H.

Judy G. Russell May 31st, 2005 07:31 PM

The shell is still open... we'll see how long that lasts. But I think we have to accept, for all practical purposes, that Tapcis at Compuserve is gone.