Tapcis Web Forums

Tapcis Web Forums (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Use and Help (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Q: Change DUN in Firefox? (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353)

MollyM/CA June 9th, 2005 10:55 PM

Q

Judy, I've set up Firefox on the laptop to see if I like it any better than I did before. (Curiosity killed the cat.)

Perhaps foolishly, I told it to import things from IE. It evidently imported the CS DUN IE had somewhere in a closet, and I can't find any way, any where, to change it. Now that I'm back (lovely trip to the slopes of Shasta & Lassen) I'm setting up the laptop to do more connected things, like e-mail and fun (TapCis) and the CS connection is unbearably slow after the accelerated dialup my ISP Fire2Wire offers. Aside from the fact that I'm cancelling it as soon as I get caught up a little, like first thing in the morning.

Any ideas? No way am I asking you at PCis --this connection is so slow I can hardly stand it here!

Maybe we need a "connectivity" section for a while... that was a pretty important part of the OLR TapCis forum, now I think of it. Anything to get Pete hanging out here more!

MollyM/CA June 9th, 2005 11:02 PM

Change DUN in Firefox?

Judy, I've set up Firefox on the laptop to see if I like it any better than I did before. (Curiosity killed the cat.)

Perhaps foolishly, I told it to import things from IE. FF dials the CS number (not the default DUN) and I can't find any way, any where, to change it.

Now that I'm back (lovely trip to the slopes of Shasta & Lassen) I'm setting up the laptop to do more connected things, like e-mail and fun (TapCis) and the CS connection is unbearably slow after the accelerated dialup my ISP Fire2Wire offers. Aside from the fact that I'm cancelling it as soon as I get caught up a little, like first thing in the morning.

Any ideas? No way am I asking you at PCis --this connection is so slow I can hardly stand it here!

Maybe we need a "connectivity" section for a while... that was a pretty important part of the OLR TapCis forum, now I think of it. Thought there might be an answer already and found connection questions scattered all over. Anything to get Pete hanging out here more!

That's cool --I noticed I'd farkled the title while the "submit" was loading and hit the "stop" button expecting to lose the message --but when I backed out of the blank page here it was.

Judy G. Russell June 9th, 2005 11:02 PM

Check the following: Start | Settings | Control Panel |Internet Options |Connections and, to always use your high speed connection, choose that there.

Judy G. Russell June 9th, 2005 11:03 PM

And it's even there twice! (I answered the first one.)

MollyM/CA June 9th, 2005 11:16 PM

Sigh. I'd forgotten all about that way of getting at that folder (and would probably have thought it only applied to IE if I'd remembered).

Thanks.

Now how do we rename, merge, or get rid of the Q thread?

MollyM/CA June 9th, 2005 11:18 PM

(blush)

Mike June 10th, 2005 01:28 AM

I've merged them.

Judy G. Russell June 10th, 2005 03:16 PM

Don't blush! If I had a nickel for every time I've done something like that, I'd be RICH!