Tapcis Web Forums

Tapcis Web Forums (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/index.php)
-   The TapRoom (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pull up a bar stool... (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13)

Dan in Saint Louis May 31st, 2005 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judy G. Russell
The shell is still open... we'll see how long that lasts. But I think we have to accept, for all practical purposes, that Tapcis at Compuserve is gone.

At 19:48 CDT I could still download messages, didn't try to post.

Judy G. Russell May 31st, 2005 08:25 PM

Wouldn't it be funny (it won't happen, but it would still be funny) if someone forgot the forum was still there after turning off the go.compuserve address.....?

Dan in Saint Louis May 31st, 2005 08:59 PM

Quote:

Wouldn't it be funny

Posted a message in Ozwin at 20:56 CDT, and successfully retrieved it a few minutes later.

Judy G. Russell May 31st, 2005 09:37 PM

It's been fairly common in the past that the shells have been left up (and accessible) for days after an official close.

marijke May 31st, 2005 10:30 PM

Quote:

The forum shell is still open, David, and I was able to post one final message (perhaps only because of my sysop status):

Perhaps not... you got three replies last i looked (from non-sysops).

--Regards, marijke

Judy G. Russell May 31st, 2005 10:56 PM

Yeah, the shell is definitely still open. All I can say is ... shhhhhhhh... let's see how long it stays that way...

marijke May 31st, 2005 11:11 PM

Well i've now posted a msg in the old forum dated June by Columbus Ohio time.

* http://go.compuserve.com/tapcis doesn't work

* http://forums.compuserve.com/vlforum...asp?SRV=tapcis DOES work

That URL is http://forums.compuserve.com/vlforums/default.asp?SRV=tapcis (for some reason this place puts do...ts in)

* i can't do HMI from this machine, can someone confirm whether GO TAPCIS still works?

--Regards, marijke

Judy G. Russell June 1st, 2005 12:04 AM

There was a report earlier that Tapcis worked in Tapcis!

marijke June 1st, 2005 02:07 PM

Quote:

There was a report earlier that Tapcis worked in Tapcis!

Excellent... i like software that refuses to die.

I can't find a way in by web anymore (having to go that way is a symptom of winmodemitis, brought on by the parasite Pseudomodemodulator Ridiculus), but i hear that the defs of the current round eventually got posted in their rightful place, and somebody voted for them.

--Regards, marijke
  http://web.mat.bham.ac.uk/marijke/

Judy G. Russell June 2nd, 2005 01:10 PM

Unfortunately, it's all over now. Every avenue into the forum is closed. Sic transit...

Wayne Scott June 12th, 2005 03:21 AM

Sil: It is great to see your name here in this place that may be as useful as good old Tapcis Forum.

Wayne

vkobaya October 21st, 2005 08:59 PM

Dear Wayne,
Hard to find you! <g>

The best I could do looking for the Zankou's garlic sauce recipe is the following: Seems Potato starch is the secret to the recipe, but it does not explain how to use the potato starch, nor the quantity. My apologies to all if this is the inappropriate location for a recipe.

Zankou Garlic Sauce - Almost

6 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup olive oil
1 juice of 1 lemon
potatoes, mashed potato flakes or potato starch

Grind garlic to paste in mortar or small food processor.

Work in salt, olive oil and lemon to create mayonnaise-like consistency.

Probably best to use a food processor

Vicki

Lee James November 30th, 2005 05:03 PM

Thanks for the welcome here !

Hi there!

Quote:

The TAProom is the public meeting place for wide open discussions. Two rules: no obscenities and no personal attacks. Beyond that, jump into a conversation with some of the most vocal, most opinionated, and nicest people you'll ever meet.
Well, I followed Sydney's last email and found my way here! Really hoping that I will find some of the wonderful people I met and worked with over on the FSFORUM and GAMERS forums on CIS all those years ago!

Nice to find you all - as my addiction to flying the 747-400 shows no sign of decreasing, I look forward to some nice colourful talking here.

Nice to be here and thank you for setting this up. A donation will be forthcoming.

kind regards,

Lee James
Former SysOp
FSFORUM & GAMERS
West Sussex UK

Pilot of Speedbird 9 Delta Victor (BAW9DV)
online with British Airways Virtual

Judy G. Russell November 30th, 2005 06:33 PM

Welcome aboard, Lee! Thank you for flying the TapcisForum...

lensue December 1st, 2005 08:54 AM

>Welcome aboard<

Judy, as you know it was just a short time ago that I returned to this forum--is it possible for members to read the members list to see who is in the forum. I clicked on it and was told I wasn't authorized to see who was a member. Why would that be? Regards, Len

Judy G. Russell December 1st, 2005 09:48 AM

It's possible for members, yes, but not for registered users, and some folks (ahem...) have never asked to be members (which carries with it use of a couple of private sections for people who occasionally want to discuss things they'd rather Google didn't pick up). Since you're a regular, I'll go ahead and flip the switch for you. Anyone else (and you can invite others to participate here if you want) need to post in the Requests for Access section.

lensue December 2nd, 2005 09:11 AM

>(which carries with it use of a couple of private sections for people who occasionally want to discuss things they'd rather Google didn't pick up). Since you're a regular, I'll go ahead and flip the switch for you.<

Judy, thanks, I tried clicking on members and it worked! BTW what are those private sections--do they have a name? Also is there anyplace you can click to see if a new message was directed to you or do you just have to look at all the threads to see that? Regards, Len

Lindsey December 2nd, 2005 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lensue
BTW what are those private sections--do they have a name?

You'll see them listed in the "*For Members Only" portion of the page you see when you first log in. Basically, they correspond to the old Sections 8 and 9 from the original TAPCIS forum.

Quote:

Also is there anyplace you can click to see if a new message was directed to you or do you just have to look at all the threads to see that? Regards, Len

No, there's no quick way to find messages that are replies to your own on the board itself. You can receive notifications of new posts in a thread by subscribing to it, but that will notify you by e-mail of any new posts in the thread, not just of those that are replies to messages you have posted.

You can subscribe to a thread by choosing one of the notification options besides "Do not subscribe" of "No email notification" in the "Additional Options" box below the "Reply to Thread" window (see attached screen shot), or you can set your profile's options to automatically set a particular subscription option for any thread you post in if you click on the "User CP" link at the top of one of the screens here, click on the "Edit options" link under "Settings & Options" and choosing the desired Default Subscription Mode under "Messaging & Notification".

--Lindsey

lensue December 3rd, 2005 06:08 AM

>You'll see them listed in the "*For Members Only" portion of the page you see when you first log in.<

Lindsey, thanks, I found them.

> No, there's no quick way to find messages that are replies to your own on the board itself. <

Thanks again--it's too bad there is no way to do that--I always found that quite handy in Compuserve. Regards, Len

Lindsey December 4th, 2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Thanks again--it's too bad there is no way to do that--I always found that quite handy in Compuserve. Regards, Len

Yes, I agree; it seems odd to me that it's not something that is included in most message board systems.

--Lindsey