Tapcis Web Forums

Tapcis Web Forums (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/index.php)
-   The TapRoom (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pull up a bar stool... (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13)

lensue December 5th, 2005 01:50 PM

>it seems odd to me that it's not something that is included in most message board systems.<

Lindsey, wonder if there's anyway of getting Search to find that info for you. I have noticed that there are times when the Compuserve Advanced Search can be quite helpful--at other times you don't get results--very sporadic in my opinion. Regards, Len

Lindsey December 5th, 2005 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lensue
Lindsey, wonder if there's anyway of getting Search to find that info for you.

The Search here, you mean? No; there's no way to search for messages addressed TO a particular ID, because the messages aren't actually addressed to an ID. They're just linked as a response to a particular message, which is not quite the same thing.

--Lindsey

lensue December 7th, 2005 08:43 AM

>The Search here, you mean? No; there's no way to search for messages addressed TO a particular ID<

Lindsey, yes, that's what I meant--thanks for that info. BTW I've been looking at the various threads themselves. Some messages in the thread--most as a matter of fact--have a light blue square in front of them--a few have a yellow square in front of them--what's the significance of the color if there is one? Regards, Len

Judy G. Russell December 7th, 2005 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lensue
Some messages in the thread--most as a matter of fact--have a light blue square in front of them--a few have a yellow square in front of them--what's the significance of the color if there is one?

Blue messages are old; yellow ones are new since the last time you logged on.

lensue December 8th, 2005 10:57 AM

>Blue messages are old; yellow ones are new since the last time you logged on.<

Judy, thanks--now that's a great tool IMO! Regards, Len

Judy G. Russell December 8th, 2005 01:27 PM

Glad to help.

Toni Savage November 12th, 2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Sterner (Post 559)
Hiya, Judy. I'm nosing around right now. Looks like things are just getting started.

--arsesq

Is there a way to get Andy Sterner's email address?

sidney November 12th, 2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Savage (Post 39391)

Click on Andy's name in the message and select the option to send email. That will let you send an email to the address Andy used to register here back in 2005. If it still works and Andy answers, then you'll find out what the email address is. Other than that the email address in the forum registration database is private and I suspect that Judy would not release it without Andy's permission.

-- sidney

Judy G. Russell November 15th, 2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Savage (Post 39391)

I think I may have a fairly recent email from Andy at home. Want me to email him and ask if it's okay to put you two in touch via email?

McFoo August 18th, 2020 06:03 PM

Is anybody from the old (and I mean old) days still around? McFoo