PDA

View Full Version : phenomena

pedsto
August 30th, 2005, 05:02 PM
two new happenings. my isp is ispwest. normal dial up sign on is brrrt, brrrt, "verifying password" silence, logging on to compuserve. system seemed to have lost my password recently. Re-entered and now the sign in routine is
brrrt, brrrt, verifying password, silence and a NEW RAS message "Connecting to
ISP West, Authentication Complete, please wait. And the wait is about 10 -15 seconds. Then CS log in as before. Any thoughts about the new message?

this started a couple of months ago. highlight web address and launch selected text. my browser starts and then a message appears on the Oz screen: "file not found Error attempting to execute ....the URL. And the OZ screen stays on. But the browser continues to come up in the background with the URL. If I click OK in the error message, the Oz screen goes away and the browser works fine for the URL. Something seems not integrated correctly.

Thanks, sorry the Oz forum has gone away. Certainly do not understand Compuserve's decision. You would think they would want to keep all the customers they can.

sidney
August 30th, 2005, 09:55 PM
With the new ISP, it looks like you have a new dialup script for RAS (dialup Internet connection) that happens to add a new message "Connecting to ISP West, Authentication Complete, please wait" to the procedure. If it works, I would say not to worry about it. Do you see the same thing if you use something other than OzWin to start up your connection to the Internet?

As for the error message whan you launch a URL, I have not seen that before. What version of Windows and what web browser and what version of that web browser are you using?

-- sidney

pedsto
September 7th, 2005, 08:23 AM
>>With the new ISP, it looks like you have a new dialup script for RAS (dialup Internet connection) that happens to add a new message "Connecting to ISP West, Authentication Complete, please wait" to the procedure. <<

I thought you supplied that script. How do I identify it?

>>If it works, I would say not to worry about it. <<

It certainly works but the 5-15 second delay is annoying. Especially since it didn't exist before two weeks ago. I'll check with ISPWest.

>>Do you see the same thing if you use something other than OzWin to start up your connection to the Internet?<<

No, I do not, but in the DUN dialog box I see "verifying user name and password" twice. Can't remember if it has always said that.

>>As for the error message whan you launch a URL, I have not seen that before. What version of Windows and what web browser and what version of that web browser are you using?<<

Using W98, Firefox 1.0.4