PDA

View Full Version : Giant killers... NOT!

Judy G. Russell
August 27th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Now don't get me wrong. I don't really dislike the Jets. Or at least I don't dislike them all that much.

But just about everybody I know around here is (for some odd reason) a Jets fan (whereas I grew up wearing a blue jersey, not a green one). So it was very very sweet to see my Jints come from behind and knock off the Jets last night...

HOWEVER... I still think August is ridiculously early for football.

RayB (France)
August 27th, 2005, 04:35 PM
**HOWEVER... I still think August is ridiculously early for football.**

Yep! That trend started 20 years ago. We and friends had a box at Mile High and they started to expand pre-season AND the prices for them, naturally. The bad news is that we can't get games over here. The closest we come is the European League which is composed mainly of American 'farm' teams and are okay but just not the same. GO BRONCOS!! Our daughter and her husband start turning orange about this time of year.

Mike Landi
August 27th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I still think August is ridiculously early for football.

Too early. I also do not put much in pre-season games.

That being said....

GO GIANTS!!!!!!

Judy G. Russell
August 27th, 2005, 06:18 PM
The bad news is that we can't get games over here.
Now that's a reason not to retire to Europe!

GO BRONCOS!! Our daughter and her husband start turning orange about this time of year.
Gonna be interesting to see what Plummer does this year. If he doesn't settle down, the fans may run him out of town on a rail!

Judy G. Russell
August 27th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Too early.
Everything seems to be weird these days. Football begins when we should be watching baseball. Hockey and basketball are still going strong when the baseball season begins. It's just wrong, I tell ya!

rlohmann
August 27th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I grew up wearing a blue jersey, not a green oneIt's good to know that for at least part of your life, you were a Baltimore Colts fan.

That excuses at lest some of your many misdeeds.

Judy G. Russell
August 27th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Colts... Colts... don't they play in Indianapolis? And doesn't Baltimore wear black?

rlohmann
August 31st, 2005, 05:47 PM
Colts... Colts... don't they play in Indianapolis? They were hijacked.
And doesn't Baltimore wear black?Sort of a dark purple, actually. The color of mourning in many churches.

Judy G. Russell
August 31st, 2005, 05:51 PM
They were hijacked.
Oh? I thought they snuck out in the middle of the night!