PDA

View Full Version : Interruption to Posting Messages

Guerri Stevens
June 29th, 2011, 08:18 PM
While composing a message tonight, one of our cats decided to walk across the keyboard. Whatever she did caused my partially completed message to disappear. I couldn't figure out a way to get it back, and ended up starting over. Is there a way to recover?

Mike
July 2nd, 2011, 12:12 AM
If you're still using Firefox, there are extensions that periodically will safe the content of text boxes. I've not tested any of them, but they may suit your need.

I just Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C periodically to copy the text into my clipboard.

Guerri Stevens
July 3rd, 2011, 04:28 AM
If you're still using Firefox, there are extensions that periodically will safe the content of text boxes. I've not tested any of them, but they may suit your need.

I just Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C periodically to copy the text into my clipboard.
I am using Firefox, but have never tried any of its extensions. I like the clipboard idea, though. And another possibility would be to compose the message in Notepad then paste it back here.

For the cat situation, I could simply get the cat to go elsewhere (of course "simply" and "cat" really don't go together). But there have been other times when I was trying to compose a message and for some reason the system timed out.

earler
July 5th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C are windows shortcuts. They work in most applications, including Firefox.