PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

ndebord
December 15th, 2010, 09:58 AM
A fine and merry crew we are, the former sysops and friends of CIS and what a marvelous ride we've had, with friends new and old, remembered and gone, but always, always the very best.

Let us raise a glass on high and toast us one and all.

Merry, merry Christmas!

Nick

Jeff
December 15th, 2010, 11:43 AM
A fine and merry crew we are, the former sysops and friends of CIS and what a marvelous ride we've had, with friends new and old, remembered and gone, but always, always the very best.

Merry, merry Christmas!

Nick

Indeed Nick! Well said. A Merry and Happy to us all.

- Jeff

Mike Landi
December 15th, 2010, 11:58 AM

Merry, merry Christmas!

Nick

Merry Christmas Nick! May you be healthy this winter and all next year!

Peter Creasey
December 22nd, 2010, 08:46 AM
Merry Christmas...

http://www.callawayfamily.org/images/merryxmas.swf

ndebord
December 22nd, 2010, 03:10 PM
Indeed Nick! Well said. A Merry and Happy to us all.

- Jeff

Jeff,

Just back! And a great holiday for you and your family.

<g>

ndebord
December 22nd, 2010, 03:11 PM
Merry Christmas Nick! May you be healthy this winter and all next year!

Mike,

Just back... and the very best to you and yours this holiday season (and may the Yankees get another starting pitcher SOMEWHERE!).

;-)

ktinkel
December 22nd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Merry Christmas to you and all!

Kathleen

Mike Landi
December 23rd, 2010, 07:42 AM
(and may the Yankees get another starting pitcher SOMEWHERE!)

<sigh> We need an arm....and quickly!

ndebord
December 23rd, 2010, 08:01 PM
Merry Christmas to you and all!

Kathleen

Kathleen,

And the same to you and yours and may it be a white Christmas!

ndebord
December 23rd, 2010, 08:02 PM
<sigh> We need an arm....and quickly!

Mike,

The rumor mill is quiet as a mouse at Christmas time (Wait! what am I saying?) <VBG>

It looks like Nova will be the starting pitcher, barring last minute surprises. He has been burning up the winter league, so perhaps it will be OK, or at least adequate. Can't be worse than Gaudin and Mitre!

ktinkel
December 24th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Kathleen,

And the same to you and yours and may it be a white Christmas!White is okay with me, but I would prefer it come in after midday Sunday, as we will be on a long and winding road that morning!

ndebord
December 24th, 2010, 07:46 PM
White is okay with me, but I would prefer it come in after midday Sunday, as we will be on a long and winding road that morning!

Kathleen,

Looks like Sunday snow, but when is the question. May you get lucky!

Mike Landi
December 24th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Can't be worse than Gaudin and Mitre!

How about as bad as AJ last year? <shudder>

ktinkel
December 24th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Kathleen,

Looks like Sunday snow, but when is the question. May you get lucky!Thanks. Right now it sounds as if it will be screwing up Monday, not Sunday.

But who knows? Weather people love a storm. We could end up with nothing at all.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

ndebord
December 24th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks. Right now it sounds as if it will be screwing up Monday, not Sunday.

But who knows? Weather people love a storm. We could end up with nothing at all.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Kathleen,

And you too, with snow when you want it. As for moi, well, I grew up in northern Michigan, but I no longer like very much of the white stuff.

ktinkel
December 25th, 2010, 09:57 AM
And you too, with snow when you want it. As for moi, well, I grew up in northern Michigan, but I no longer like very much of the white stuff.That can cut both ways. I grew up in Anchorage, Alaska. It tends to have a moderate (northern) temp, but excels at snowfall, which begins before Halloween and usually continues past Easter. I can remember snow that fell taller than the cars.

Yet for all that, I await each winter’s first snow with pleasure. (Especially if I don’t have to shovel or drive in it!)

Go figure. :)

ndebord
December 25th, 2010, 10:01 AM
That can cut both ways. I grew up in Anchorage, Alaska. It tends to have a moderate (northern) temp, but excels at snowfall, which begins before Halloween and usually continues past Easter. I can remember snow that fell taller than the cars.

Yet for all that, I await each winter’s first snow with pleasure. (Especially if I don’t have to shovel or drive in it!)

Go figure. :)

Kathleen,

Copper Harbor Michigan... sticks way out into Lake Superior.

Local joke... "What's the difference between a poor kid and a rich kid?

(wait for it)

Poor kid has snowshoes in the garage.

Rich kid has skis.

<g>

ktinkel
December 26th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Kathleen,

Copper Harbor Michigan... sticks way out into Lake Superior.Wow — that is exotic.

Poor kid has snowshoes in the garage.

Rich kid has skis.Hah!

We left this morning on dry pavement with a few snowflakes flirting with us, and got home an hour later on snow-covered roads (less than an inch, I’d say, but white, and with lousy visibility).

Weather.com says this:

Right Now: Snow; 24°F — feels like 11°; wind from NNE at 18mph gusting to 31mph.

Tonight: Blizzard; 28°; 100% chance of snow; wind N at 32mph.

Then the snow tapers off and so does the temp (to a low of 20°), but the wind remains fairly brisk. Not sure how different it should be in NYC.

ktinkel
December 26th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Kathleen,

Looks like Sunday snow, but when is the question. May you get lucky!Oh, Nick — see what you did!!?

ndebord
December 27th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Oh, Nick — see what you did!!?

Kathleen,

They don't call me Old Nick for nothin' <g>

Besides, you got home OK, didn't you!

<g,d&r>

ndebord
December 30th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Wow — that is exotic.

Hah!

We left this morning on dry pavement with a few snowflakes flirting with us, and got home an hour later on snow-covered roads (less than an inch, I’d say, but white, and with lousy visibility).

Weather.com says this:

Right Now: Snow; 24°F — feels like 11°; wind from NNE at 18mph gusting to 31mph.

Tonight: Blizzard; 28°; 100% chance of snow; wind N at 32mph.

Then the snow tapers off and so does the temp (to a low of 20°), but the wind remains fairly brisk. Not sure how different it should be in NYC.

Kathleen,

Only spent two winters in Copper Harbor. My father had a moment of relief from Dow Chemical and did what he had always wanted to do... teach at a tech school, in this case Michigan Tech U., just down the block in Houghton. Two years of the weather is all he (and we) could handle. And his sabbatical was running out too.