PDA

View Full Version : Site Won't Print Properly with Firefox

Guerri Stevens
August 17th, 2005, 01:28 PM
The web page www.skatevmsr.com/HolidaySkating.htm will not print properly for me. My printer is HP LaserJet 2200d. Other pages at skatevmsr work OK.

This particular page prints the logo, top area, and side part (Recreation Facilities), the title and rink logo, the words "2005/2006 Holiday Skating Sessions", the very top border of the table, and the words "Adult/Advanced" from the top row. It then skips everything, including the rest of the captions in the first row, and all borders, down through the row for Mon, Apr. 17. Then, on a second page, it prints everything else on the page, starting with the row for Tue, Apr. 18.

It prints OK for my husband (different printer) so I tried to see whether different printer settings would help, but they didn't. That doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't, though, as I may not have chosen the right things.

The page prints with Internet Explorer, although stuff is clipped off on the right hand side and the page is not divided as neatly between the two sheets of paper. I can probably adjust the margins to correct some of that.

Mainly I'm asking because 1) perhaps one of you could try it and 2) I don't know if this is just me or something I should report to the Firefox developers. I have not had trouble with any other printing, but then I don't often print.

Judy G. Russell
August 17th, 2005, 01:56 PM
It's a matter of the page coding, Guerri. Firefox is going to print what the page code says, not what it thinks the page code should have said. In this case, you can switch to print preview and reduce the page size to 60% and then print that and it works just fine in Firefox.

Guerri Stevens
August 17th, 2005, 08:06 PM
It's a matter of the page coding, Guerri. Firefox is going to print what the page code says, not what it thinks the page code should have said. In this case, you can switch to print preview and reduce the page size to 60% and then print that and it works just fine in Firefox.
What worked for me was Print Preview, then Page Setup and choosing Shrink to Fit. Then setting the scale to 80%.

My assumption is that the page coding is the same for everyone - I mean, it doesn't change because you are looking at the page or my husband is looking at the page. If that's the case, why did the page print for my husband (using Firefox) and for me using Internet Explorer? I could understand if IE perhaps fixes things (if there was something bad in the code), but I'd expect Firefox to work the same for everyone.

Judy G. Russell
August 17th, 2005, 08:16 PM
A page can have print codes that work differently from printer to printer.