PDA

View Full Version : New York vs Boston

ndebord
August 9th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Well, we split the series with Boston. Lost the first, won the middle two and lost the final in heartbreaking fashion. Hughes lost to Lester 2-1, but being outpitched is not the story here; the story is Posada's career-long inability to do defense. This is the inning that won the game for Beantown.

Top 2nd: Boston
- M. Lowell flied out to right
- R. Kalish singled to right
- R. Kalish to third on J. Posada's throwing error
- B. Hall singled to shallow left, R. Kalish scored
- J. Ellsbury singled to shallow center, B. Hall to third
- J. Ellsbury stole second
- M. Scutaro walked
- J.D. Drew grounded out to second, B. Hall scored, J. Ellsbury to third, M. Scutaro to second
- V. Martinez grounded out to shortstop

Boston had an incredible day stealing bases on Posada's arm.

J Drew (3, 2nd base off K Wood/J Posada), R Kalish (1, 3rd base off P Hughes/J Posada), J Ellsbury 4 (6, 2nd base off P Hughes/J Posada, 2nd base off K Wood/J Posada, 3rd base off K Wood/J Posada, 2nd base off J Chamberlain/J Posada).

Judy G. Russell
August 10th, 2010, 10:26 PM
the story is Posada's career-long inability to do defenseAll I can say is... sigh...

ndebord
August 12th, 2010, 08:31 AM
All I can say is... sigh...

Judy,

It seems to me that the Bronx Bombers are scuffling right now. Mo lost the other night, the hitters ain't and the lineup changes are dizzying.

Silver lining? Jeter and Gardner seem to be picking up and Woods is a good late inning relief pitcher.

Judy G. Russell
August 12th, 2010, 10:52 PM
It seems to me that the Bronx Bombers are scuffling right now.Yep. I'd rather it happened now than in, say, October, but...

ndebord
August 13th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Yep. I'd rather it happened now than in, say, October, but...

Judy,

Last night was a gem.... CC was fantastic (94 F, heat index over 100) for 8 1/3 innings. Tired at the end and gave up 2 singled, but Robertson came in and saved the game, albeit with some angina (gave up a 2 run double right away), but got out of it.

Mike Landi
August 13th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Last night was a gem.... CC was fantastic (94 F, heat index over 100) for 8 1/3 innings. Tired at the end and gave up 2 singled, but Robertson came in and saved the game, albeit with some angina (gave up a 2 run double right away), but got out of it.

Robertson scared the heck out of me...as Rivera did the night before. I don't like close calls like those! :)

ndebord
August 14th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Robertson scared the heck out of me...as Rivera did the night before. I don't like close calls like those! :)

Mike,

Nor do I, but the plus side of it was Robertson got out of the jam and is, for all practical purposes, the 8th inning guy go to guy instead of Joba.