PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Lee a Ranger -- DAMN!!!!

Judy G. Russell
July 9th, 2010, 07:08 PM
How in the world did we let him slip away?????

ndebord
July 10th, 2010, 09:48 AM
How in the world did we let him slip away?????

Judy,

Well, the good news is that Cashman told Seattle they had to make up their mind just prior to last night's game and so we faced Pauley instead of Lee and Hughes was positively brilliant. With hindsight you could guess that going against Lee would be bad for a young pitcher, so that was a silver lining thing. As for Seattle, they went with the Rangers for a guy they liked better than our top catching prospect.

The good news? The Rangers have just rented this guy for the rest of the season. We get him, if we want him, for lots and lots of cash at the end of the year.

Judy G. Russell
July 10th, 2010, 09:49 PM
The good news? The Rangers have just rented this guy for the rest of the season. We get him, if we want him, for lots and lots of cash at the end of the year.I sure hope you're right.

ndebord
July 10th, 2010, 11:47 PM
I sure hope you're right.

Judy,

Our starting pitching is pretty darn good. Eiland has worked wonders with AJ and the whole staff for that matter, with the exception of Joba who must be Dr. Jekkyl Mr Hyde in real life.

Tonight, Javy threw a gem, better than Hughes last night. After 7 innings, the Yankees were leading Seattle 1-0 and then this from Joba:

J. Chamberlain relieved J. Vazquez
- J. Wilson singled to shallow center
- I. Suzuki grounded into fielder's choice, J. Wilson out at second
- C. Figgins singled to shallow left, I. Suzuki to second
- I. Suzuki to third, C. Figgins to second on wild pitch
- R. Branyan intentionally walked
- J. Lopez homered to deep left, I. Suzuki, C. Figgins and R. Branyan scored
- F. Gutierrez fouled out to first
- J. Smoak grounded out to pitcher
- End of Inning (4 Runs, 3 Hits, 0 Errors)

Don't think I'm staying up for the 9th inning.

:-(

Judy G. Russell
July 11th, 2010, 05:24 PM
JDon't think I'm staying up for the 9th inning.:-(Joba has just been soooooo bad.