PDA

View Full Version : Is That a Pipe Bomb in Your Pocket, or...?

Lindsey
August 12th, 2005, 05:40 PM
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma man told federal investigators he forgot a pipe bomb he built for fun was in his luggage when tried to board an airplane, according to court documents released Thursday.

Full story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8918879/

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
August 12th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Forgot? FORGOT??? Oh yeah right... And I have a bridge to sell you...

Lindsey
August 12th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Forgot? FORGOT??? Oh yeah right... And I have a bridge to sell you...
What, you don't routinely stash pipe bombs in your suitcase and uncover them later when you travel? :cool:

The informal survey on the MSNBC site had 89% of the respondents saying no, they didn't believe that explanation--but since there were nearly 23,000 people answering that poll, you may find a lot of prospects for that bridge among the 11% who did swallow that excuse...

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
August 12th, 2005, 11:58 PM
you may find a lot of prospects for that bridge among the 11% who did swallow that excuse...
More likely I'll find a lot of stupid boys who make pipebombs for fun...

chm
August 13th, 2005, 05:13 PM
An Oklahoma man told federal investigators he forgot a pipe bomb he built for fun was in his luggage...

Uh huh. Reminds me of that baseball player (long name that starts with a "P") recently who insisted he's never intentionally taken steroids. (How do you unintentionally take steroids? I say scratching my head.)

chm

Judy G. Russell
August 13th, 2005, 06:43 PM
(How do you unintentionally take steroids? I say scratching my head.)
In theory, you could take a vitamin compound or similar thing that -- unbeknownst to you -- had had steroids added.

In theory.

davidh
August 14th, 2005, 02:47 PM
More likely I'll find a lot of stupid boys who make pipebombs for fun...

I suggest making the pipe out of chocolate. Sending it up on a Labor Day fireworks skyrocket and when it explodes everybody gets extra chocolate sprinkles on their ice cream cones. Or just close your eyes, tilt your head back and open your mouth. If the chocolate is unsweetened then add raisins and peanuts to the black powder. As Emeril says, "Bam!". a.k.a. Airborne Gorp

David H.

(ASA 3rd RRU, non-jumping, choppers only, attached to 173rd Airborne Brigade, Bien Hoa / Pleiku, VN, 1965)

Judy G. Russell
August 14th, 2005, 02:55 PM
I think you're being affected by the heat... but I love the idea.

woodswell
August 14th, 2005, 11:44 PM
How do you unintentionally take steroids
Heck, these days you're probably getting a pretty good dose of steroids in the MacBurger you had for lunch!
Anne