PDA

View Full Version : 'Splain it to me...

Judy G. Russell
June 4th, 2010, 05:11 PM
So... why does the shorter work week after a Monday holiday feel SO DAMNED LONG???

Jeff
June 5th, 2010, 12:42 PM
So... why does the shorter work week after a Monday holiday feel SO DAMNED LONG???

Detox after a vacation. There is an antidote.

- Jeff

Judy G. Russell
June 7th, 2010, 09:27 PM
There is an antidote.Yeah. It's spelled "R E T I R E M E N T" and if I could afford to, I would.

Jeff
June 8th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Yeah. It's spelled "R E T I R E M E N T" and if I could afford to, I would.

There's two antidotes actually. The other is spelled "abstinence" <g,d,&ring---------------------------------------->

Judy G. Russell
June 12th, 2010, 11:22 PM
There's two antidotes actually. The other is spelled "abstinence" <g,d,&ring---------------------------------------->Abstaining from work?

Mike
June 13th, 2010, 02:30 AM
'Cuz you have to do six days of work within four, instead of within five?

I have been so overwhelmed for the past 12 weeks that my life basically has been commute-work-commute-work-sleep, repeat. I'm so far behind all my personal chores that it's ridiculous. At least my spouse understands...

Judy G. Russell
June 13th, 2010, 08:00 PM
'Cuz you have to do six days of work within four, instead of within five?That makes sense!

I have been so overwhelmed for the past 12 weeks that my life basically has been commute-work-commute-work-sleep, repeat. I'm so far behind all my personal chores that it's ridiculous. At least my spouse understands...Glad the Better Half understands, but still... that's no way to live!

Mike
June 19th, 2010, 02:48 AM
that's no way to live!
Indeed! <sigh>

I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it appears not to be the proverbial train.

Judy G. Russell
June 19th, 2010, 09:48 AM
I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it appears not to be the proverbial train.Excellent!!

Mike
June 29th, 2010, 01:39 AM
It's just that objects viewed in the darkness are farther away than they appear!

Here's the short version of the next few weeks...

Finish parking meter procurement
Start RFP for parking sensor procurement
Finish getting house into shape for moving in
Move into house
Take trip to England and Scotland
Finish RFP for parking sensor procurement
Discover the other crap landed on my desk while away

When that's over, can I have a vacation?

Judy G. Russell
July 2nd, 2010, 10:01 PM
Take trip to England and Scotland

THAT part's not so bad!!!