PDA

View Full Version : ThumbsPlus

Dan in Saint Louis
April 6th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Attention ThumbsPlus users: Cerious software has been having a lot of trouble keeping up with support requests, and they have in fact pulled the plug on their support News Groups. Meanwhile, a fellow in the UK has set up an independent forum at http://www.thumbsplusforum.com/ where we can try to help each other out.

Come on over and see what we can learn.

Judy G. Russell
April 6th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Attention ThumbsPlus users: Cerious software has been having a lot of trouble keeping up with support requests, and they have in fact pulled the plug on their support News Groups. Meanwhile, a fellow in the UK has set up an independent forum at http://www.thumbsplusforum.com/ where we can try to help each other out. Come on over and see what we can learn.I'm really sorry to hear that Cerious is having troubles. I always liked them back in the old CS days.

Mike
April 8th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that Cerious is having troubles. I always liked them back in the old CS days.
I'm still using V7. I'd been thinking of upgrading to V8, but I think I'll hold off for now.

Judy G. Russell
April 8th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I'm still using V7. I'd been thinking of upgrading to V8, but I think I'll hold off for now.Yep. There are options, these days...

Mike
April 10th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Yep. There are options, these days...
Especially since V7 meets my needs and it works just fine.

Judy G. Russell
April 11th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Especially since V7 meets my needs and it works just fine.Gasp! You mean... you don't want the newest and biggest just because it's the newest and biggest????

Mike
April 17th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Gasp! You mean... you don't want the newest and biggest just because ...????
Certainly not anymore. I'm tired of having to feed and maintain the computer.

Judy G. Russell
April 17th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Certainly not anymore. I'm tired of having to feed and maintain the computer.LOL! You and me both. I now upgrade when I need to... because there's something my current machine can't do.

Mike
April 18th, 2010, 01:42 AM
LOL! You and me both. I now upgrade when I need to... because there's something my current machine can't do.
Every time I added or upgraded software, I'd always play with all the menus and option settings to see what the software can do.

Now I don't care--the only thing that's important to me is "can it do what I need?"

Judy G. Russell
April 18th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Every time I added or upgraded software, I'd always play with all the menus and option settings to see what the software can do. Now I don't care--the only thing that's important to me is "can it do what I need?"I hate to say this... but I think we're now officially computer "grown-ups."

Mike
April 19th, 2010, 12:34 AM
I hate to say this... but I think we're now officially computer "grown-ups."
Not only am I a computer grown-up, but also a car grown-up, and a cell phone grown-up, and a music grown-up.

Judy G. Russell
April 19th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Not only am I a computer grown-up, but also a car grown-up, and a cell phone grown-up, and a music grown-up.Me, too... mostly. I still wouldn't turn down a red convertible...

Mike
April 20th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Me, too... mostly. I still wouldn't turn down a red convertible...
Yeah, but do you still want to know all the specifications, including the details about what's under the hood, and how to change the decomfrabulator all by yourself? Or do you just want it to start, and leave the maintenance to a mechanic?

I used to handle all the maintenance on my own, and wash it regularly.

Now, I want the car to be like a kitchen appliance, including the self-cleaning option.

As a matter of fact, I've lost my enthusiasm for driving a stick (most likely due to living in the the land of creepy, crawly traffic jams). I used to hate automatic transmissions, but in just the past couple of years, I've actually started appreciating letting the car do the work for me. Maybe if we move to the country when we retire, I'll revert back to a stick.

Judy G. Russell
April 20th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Or do you just want it to start, and leave the maintenance to a mechanic?Oh yeah... that's me, for sure.

As a matter of fact, I've lost my enthusiasm for driving a stick (most likely due to living in the the land of creepy, crawly traffic jams).Having lived most of my life in traffic-prone areas, I never developed an enthusiasm for a stick.

Mike
April 26th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Having lived most of my life in traffic-prone areas, I never developed an enthusiasm for a stick.
I got here 17 years ago, but only gave up the stick two years ago. I almost miss it, but not around here!

BTW, I don't think those automatics that let the driver choose the gear, but without a clutch are a good substitute. What's the point of shifting if there's no clutch?

earler
April 26th, 2010, 04:08 AM
The more advanced automatics are not just a choice of gear but the means of moving quickly down to a lower gear. On my car this is just a nudge to the left of the gear thingy, then to the right to go upward agains. I use this all the time to slow down before a curve, a better procedure than using the brakes.

Judy G. Russell
April 26th, 2010, 07:28 PM
What's the point of shifting if there's no clutch?Better gas mileage, more rpms when you need 'em, braking.