PDA

View Full Version : Sent Messages in Email

Guerri Stevens
August 8th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I miss TAPCIS! With it, when I sent Email to someone, I could have TAPCIS automatically save a copy of my message right in my Email message file.

Thunderbird, and other Email programs as well, save sent messages in a "sent messages" folder. I know that I could set up filters in Thunderbird and periodically apply them to the folder so that messages would be moved into other folders as appropriate. Is there a better way?

Mike
August 10th, 2005, 01:01 PM
You should be able to tell T-bird to save the sent messages directly in the Inbox if you wish.

I question the need to do so... how often do you refer to messages you sent?

Guerri Stevens
August 10th, 2005, 07:03 PM
You should be able to tell T-bird to save the sent messages directly in the Inbox if you wish.

I question the need to do so... how often do you refer to messages you sent?
Well, I don't want all sent messages to go to my inbox. I actually have filters that direct mail to various folders; for example, dixonary mail goes to a folder for it alone. So I'd want sent messages for dixonary to go to that folder and other sent messages to go to the inbox, etc.

I don't refer to sent messages very often, but I do occasionally refer to them. I suppose that when I do refer to a sent message, I can move it to the folder where I want it. Then purge everything from the sent folder periodically.