PDA

View Full Version : #27

Judy G. Russell
November 4th, 2009, 11:44 PM
How sweet it is...

Andy Pettite pitching for the Yanks...

Mariano closing it out...

and chasing Pedro after only four innings.

ndebord
November 5th, 2009, 12:04 AM
How sweet it is...

Andy Pettite pitching for the Yanks...

Mariano closing it out...

and chasing Pedro after only four innings.

Judy,

Who's your daddy now? ;-)

Andy won the deciding game in all 3 playoffs: Beat the Twins, the Angels and now the Phillies. Posada said, after the game, that Andy was locked in and had all his pitches tonight. Made it through 5 2/3's innings at 37! Tired at the end, but wow....2nd only in the WOW department to the .800 hitter Godzilla:
2 run home run, 2 run double, 2 run single!

And MO... 41 pitches in 1 1/3 innings and they got nada off him!!!

Mike Landi
November 5th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Judy,

Who's your daddy now? ;-)

Andy won the deciding game in all 3 playoffs: Beat the Twins, the Angels and now the Phillies. Posada said, after the game, that Andy was locked in and had all his pitches tonight. Made it through 5 2/3's innings at 37! Tired at the end, but wow....2nd only in the WOW department to the .800 hitter Godzilla:
2 run home run, 2 run double, 2 run single!

And MO... 41 pitches in 1 1/3 innings and they got nada off him!!!
Pedro looked bad last night. No energy and no control...and even so he struck out five! Andy was on his game! He got himself out of trouble and Matsui provided the offense.

World Champions!!!!!

Judy G. Russell
November 5th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Who's your daddy now? ;-)Heh heh heh... that was almost the best part. You know Don Zimmer was smiling...

Andy won the deciding game in all 3 playoffsSweet, no? And at his age...

the .800 hitter Godzilla:
2 run home run, 2 run double, 2 run single! If that was his last game in pinstripes, he sure as heck made it memorable.

And MO... 41 pitches in 1 1/3 innings and they got nada off him!!!Mo was just amazing. It was so sweet watching him save that game.

Judy G. Russell
November 5th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Pedro looked bad last night. No energy and no control...and even so he struck out five! He's a good pitcher. We're better. Simple as that.

Andy was on his game! He got himself out of trouble and Matsui provided the offense.They were both amazing. How sweet to have Andy win this one again in pinstripes.

World Champions!!!!!I sure wish I could go to the parade tomorrow.

Mike Landi
November 5th, 2009, 08:41 PM
He's a good pitcher. We're better. Simple as that.

They were both amazing. How sweet to have Andy win this one again in pinstripes.

I sure wish I could go to the parade tomorrow.
I wish I could be there also....

Judy G. Russell
November 6th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I wish I could be there also....I got to watch part of it and WOW!! More than a million people there. Cold though.

ndebord
November 8th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I got to watch part of it and WOW!! More than a million people there. Cold though.

Judy,

After a 9 year lapse, no surprise that it lifted spirits. I remember back in 2001 saying that it was OK to lose because there would be no place for the victory parade downtown that year.

WOW! What a team!

Judy G. Russell
November 9th, 2009, 11:35 PM
After a 9 year lapse, no surprise that it lifted spirits. I remember back in 2001 saying that it was OK to lose because there would be no place for the victory parade downtown that year. Ouch. Yeah, that's true. But ouch...

WOW! What a team!Absolutely. And back in May, who could possibly have thunk it???

ndebord
November 12th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Ouch. Yeah, that's true. But ouch...

Absolutely. And back in May, who could possibly have thunk it???

Judy,

In May we were looking to Joe Torre, not Joe Giradi... <wry grin>

In May, the kids were keeping us alive and they all came back and done good to help get us to the promised land.

Next year... Number 28 is Joe's new jersey number!