PDA

View Full Version : Back to NY

Judy G. Russell
October 22nd, 2009, 11:33 PM
I really wanted a Yankees win tonight, and they came close... oh so close... but close doesn't count in baseball, darn it all. Back to NY, and Andy Pettite on Saturday. Fingers and toes crossed...

ndebord
October 22nd, 2009, 11:59 PM
I really wanted a Yankees win tonight, and they came close... oh so close... but close doesn't count in baseball, darn it all. Back to NY, and Andy Pettite on Saturday. Fingers and toes crossed...

Judy,

Didn't like how Girardi managed this game. Hughes (and Joba too) have struggled. Why not Robertson who has not? The lead they fought so hard to get back could have been kept? And Swisher??? Pathetic swings with the bases loaded. Pinch hit for the guy. The other Joe wouldn't have hesitated for a second. I recall he often went with the hot hand in the playoffs and it paid off for him time and time again.

Mike Landi
October 23rd, 2009, 07:41 AM
Judy,

Didn't like how Girardi managed this game. Hughes (and Joba too) have struggled. Why not Robertson who has not? The lead they fought so hard to get back could have been kept? And Swisher??? Pathetic swings with the bases loaded. Pinch hit for the guy. The other Joe wouldn't have hesitated for a second. I recall he often went with the hot hand in the playoffs and it paid off for him time and time again.
Joe was gun shy last night. Burnett was cooked last night and should not have been sent out for his last inning. Robertson should have been sent out. Swisher should have been pinch hit for.

...and what was that delayed-and-then-quick warm up of Mo?

I hope Andy is comfortable at home tomorrow night.

ndebord
October 23rd, 2009, 10:17 AM
Joe was gun shy last night. Burnett was cooked last night and should not have been sent out for his last inning. Robertson should have been sent out. Swisher should have been pinch hit for.

...and what was that delayed-and-then-quick warm up of Mo?

I hope Andy is comfortable at home tomorrow night.

Mike,

Home cooking for Andy? In the beginning of the season I would have said not a chance, but he has warmed to the place and yes, I hope he will do good. Two chances to win to get into the Show.

Yeah? What was that I'm going to pitch Mo; I'm not going to pitch Mo; on yeah, I'm going to pitch Mo stuff all about???? Is Girardi ever going to learn how to manage himself?

Judy G. Russell
October 23rd, 2009, 11:03 PM
Didn't like how Girardi managed this game."Didn't like" doesn't begin to describe the way I feel. If we don't go all the way, I hope the top brass fires Girardi. This team has done what it's done this year despite Girardi, not because of him.

Judy G. Russell
October 23rd, 2009, 11:04 PM
Swisher should have been pinch hit for.Jerry Hairston was sitting on the bench...

ndebord
October 23rd, 2009, 11:20 PM
"Didn't like" doesn't begin to describe the way I feel. If we don't go all the way, I hope the top brass fires Girardi. This team has done what it's done this year despite Girardi, not because of him.

Judy,

Girardi has not inspired much confidence and now to see if Andy can be Dandy one more time.

This from MLB sports.

"A disappointed Jimmy Traina suggested the New York tabloids print the series score as "Yankees 3, Girardi 2."

Judy G. Russell
October 24th, 2009, 09:56 AM
This from MLB sports.
"A disappointed Jimmy Traina suggested the New York tabloids print the series score as "Yankees 3, Girardi 2."LOL! Yeah, that's about right!!