2. Even when it's drizzling and nasty out

http://photos.jgrussell.com/photos/669035404_8wYT6-O.jpg

3. You can crop to an extreme degree and still get a decent shot

http://photos.jgrussell.com/photos/669035323_UbWiz-O.jpg

4. Even with (sigh) the usual backyard bandit

http://photos.jgrussell.com/photos/669035440_G4sBh-O.jpg

Mike
October 4th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Oh, my! Suddenly I want to set the job search aside, ignore the real estate issues, and just learn how to operate a DSLR.

Dan in Saint Louis
October 4th, 2009, 08:39 AM
More fun with the new camera...
NOW you're talking!

And you finally have a squirrel in your house that cannot chew.

Judy G. Russell
October 5th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Oh, my! Suddenly I want to set the job search aside, ignore the real estate issues, and just learn how to operate a DSLR.In your shoes, I'd also want to forget both the job search and the real estate issues. Sure hope it all gets resolved soon.

Judy G. Russell
October 5th, 2009, 08:54 AM
NOW you're talking! And you finally have a squirrel in your house that cannot chew.The treerats are fine little models, now that I've figured out how to keep them from eating all the bird food. I don't mind them getting what falls to the ground, but curling around the feeder and munching? No.

Mike
October 6th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Thanks, Judy.

On Tuesday, I'm going to a computer forensics trade show, hoping to talk to some people in the industry to see if my implementation/project management/product management skills can be segued into a new career.

The issue with the title insurance is moot. We were supposed to remove our inspection contingencies on Monday, but we still haven't received all of the HOA documentation. We asked the seller (IndyMac bank) for an extension, but got no response, so we cancelled the purchase. Just as well, as we're not able to agree on terms and price with the potential buyers of the house.

Judy G. Russell
October 6th, 2009, 08:03 AM
On Tuesday, I'm going to a computer forensics trade show, hoping to talk to some people in the industry to see if my implementation/project management/product management skills can be segued into a new career.GOOD LUCK!!

The issue with the title insurance is moot. We were supposed to remove our inspection contingencies on Monday, but we still haven't received all of the HOA documentation. We asked the seller (IndyMac bank) for an extension, but got no response, so we cancelled the purchase. Just as well, as we're not able to agree on terms and price with the potential buyers of the house.Sorry it didn't work out, but much better to walk away than to buy an albatross.

Mike
October 7th, 2009, 02:08 AM
[Re:Forensics trade show]GOOD LUCK!!
Thanks! Actually, it went quite well! I made some networking contacts, and I have a big set of informational interviews over the next few days, including with one guy who is a consultant to companies looking for advice on how to "project manage" their forensic/e-discovery activities! This one trip was much more lucrative than any job fair I've ever attended.

Sorry it didn't work out, but much better to walk away than to buy an albatross.
It looks like the albatross isn't dead yet! The selling agent contacted ours on Tuesday, saying the bank has agreed to extend the inspections period until Tuesday the 13th. We're not doing anything else until we have the signed paperwork in our hands, but it sounds like someone in IndyMac came to its senses.

Judy G. Russell
October 8th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Thanks! Actually, it went quite well! I made some networking contacts, and I have a big set of informational interviews over the next few days, including with one guy who is a consultant to companies looking for advice on how to "project manage" their forensic/e-discovery activities! This one trip was much more lucrative than any job fair I've ever attended.Oh man... fingers and toes crossed for you.

It looks like the albatross isn't dead yet! The selling agent contacted ours on Tuesday, saying the bank has agreed to extend the inspections period until Tuesday the 13th. We're not doing anything else until we have the signed paperwork in our hands, but it sounds like someone in IndyMac came to its senses.Hmmm... I'm not sure whether this is a good thing or a bad thing!

Mike
October 8th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Oh man... fingers and toes crossed for you.
Keep 'em crossed (per my other message).

Hmmm... I'm not sure whether this is a good thing or a bad thing!
I'm still trying to figure that out, too. We definitely need to do the additional due diligence!