PDA

View Full Version : Words that strike fear into Yankees fans...

Mike Landi
September 3rd, 2009, 07:22 AM
"Mariano Rivera has a groin injury."

Be afraid...be very afraid...

...how long will it take for a 39 year old to heal?

ndebord
September 3rd, 2009, 10:29 AM
"Mariano Rivera has a groin injury."

Be afraid...be very afraid...

...how long will it take for a 39 year old to heal?

Mike,

More than a tweak, less than an injury... two or three days off with a week at the outside?

Mike Landi
September 3rd, 2009, 11:05 AM
Mike,

More than a tweak, less than an injury... two or three days off with a week at the outside?
Who is it that tells us that the Yankees play down injury reports? :)

Shut him down for at least a week. We need him for the playoffs....period.

ndebord
September 3rd, 2009, 07:10 PM
Who is it that tells us that the Yankees play down injury reports? :)

Shut him down for at least a week. We need him for the playoffs....period.

Mike,

Well, yes, but, in this case all the rumors and the official reports dovetail. It ain't a tear or a pull, perhaps a strain at the outside, but probably just tight.

Judy G. Russell
September 3rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
"Mariano Rivera has a groin injury." Be afraid...be very afraid... ...how long will it take for a 39 year old to heal?Rest him, rest him, rest him!!!!!

Mike Landi
September 4th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Mike,

Well, yes, but, in this case all the rumors and the official reports dovetail. It ain't a tear or a pull, perhaps a strain at the outside, but probably just tight.
I hope so....although the 'pen has been very good lately.

Mike Landi
September 4th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Rest him, rest him, rest him!!!!!
Amen!

ndebord
September 4th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I hope so....although the 'pen has been very good lately.

Mike,

After last night, the pen will be stressed tonight, what with "Joba rules" and all. The good news? Girardi has done one thing right... he has rested the bullpen.

Mike Landi
September 4th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Mike,

After last night, the pen will be stressed tonight, what with "Joba rules" and all. The good news? Girardi has done one thing right... he has rested the bullpen.
Joba v. Halladay. Watch the old Halladay show up tonight. I hope Joba is back in form.

ndebord
September 4th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Joba v. Halladay. Watch the old Halladay show up tonight. I hope Joba is back in form.

Mike,

Which form would that be? If it is the form where he gives up runs, that was the Joba who showed up tonight. Halladay gave up zero and we lost 6-zip.

Lots of callup names in middle relief finished off for Joba who went 3 innings once again.

Mike Landi
September 5th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Mike,

Which form would that be? If it is the form where he gives up runs, that was the Joba who showed up tonight. Halladay gave up zero and we lost 6-zip.

Lots of callup names in middle relief finished off for Joba who went 3 innings once again.
Good. We were due to get beat and we got shut down by probably the best pitcher out there. Andy was back today and did a good enough job.

...and Boston is losing.

Judy G. Russell
September 5th, 2009, 10:37 PM
...and Boston is losing.8-1/2 games back!!!

ndebord
September 5th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Good. We were due to get beat and we got shut down by probably the best pitcher out there. Andy was back today and did a good enough job.

...and Boston is losing.

Mike,

Eight and one half boootiful games in front... and the bullpen was great. Robertson is sneaking up on a fantastic rookie season... with, ah, a sneaky fastball and a good curve and a slider he seldom throws. Nice.

Hughes.... after Bruney got the first 2 outs of the 8th inning, he walked the next guy and Girardi brought in Hughes to close out the 8th and then the 9th. Nice.... really nice. And of course, Andy was only OK but got the win despite giving up 4 runs. And did I say it? 8 1/2!

Mike Landi
September 6th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Mike,

Eight and one half boootiful games in front... and the bullpen was great. Robertson is sneaking up on a fantastic rookie season... with, ah, a sneaky fastball and a good curve and a slider he seldom throws. Nice.

Hughes.... after Bruney got the first 2 outs of the 8th inning, he walked the next guy and Girardi brought in Hughes to close out the 8th and then the 9th. Nice.... really nice. And of course, Andy was only OK but got the win despite giving up 4 runs. And did I say it? 8 1/2!
Make that 7 1/2.

(Gosh, to think of "only" 7 1/2 games in first place....In June I would never have believed it.)

Judy G. Russell
September 7th, 2009, 10:09 AM
(Gosh, to think of "only" 7 1/2 games in first place....In June I would never have believed it.)Agreed. But oh... that pitching right now is so bad...

Mike Landi
September 7th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Agreed. But oh... that pitching right now is so bad...
Now today, CC goes out there and shows how it is done. I hope he does not get hurt....

Judy G. Russell
September 7th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Now today, CC goes out there and shows how it is done. I hope he does not get hurt....If we lose CC before the playoffs... oh my...

ndebord
September 8th, 2009, 03:26 PM
If we lose CC before the playoffs... oh my...

Judy,

Don't even "thunk" it. <weak grin>

Judy G. Russell
September 9th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Don't even "thunk" it. <weak grin>At this point we really can't afford to lose anybody!

ndebord
September 9th, 2009, 10:19 AM
At this point we really can't afford to lose anybody!

Judy,

IF (and it is a big IF) the last two games are a true indication of the state of the team, I feel a lot better about the pitching. Gaudin was incredible (unlike Mitre, he is young (only 26) and AJ with Molina catching, was as good. The only downside is Robertson is hurt and for a rookie, he has been the strikeout guy for the 6th or 7th innings. Bruney will have to step up to fill that role as 8th inning is Hughes territory!

Judy G. Russell
September 10th, 2009, 03:55 PM
IF (and it is a big IF) the last two games are a true indication of the state of the team, I feel a lot better about the pitching.Same here. We'll see what the rest of September brings, but things look very good for now.

ndebord
September 10th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Same here. We'll see what the rest of September brings, but things look very good for now.

Judy,

Well the end of September will bring back the arm of Robertson, who is the bridge to Hughes... that is very good news as Robertson has become a strikeout king and he is needed because Bruney is uneven at best.

Judy G. Russell
September 10th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Well the end of September will bring back the arm of Robertson, who is the bridge to HughesThat's good news for sure!