PDA

View Full Version : BNZ discloses personal information

Mike
July 27th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Bank's Fix For Erroneous Charges: Disclose Personal Information To Other Customers! (http://consumerist.com/5323385/banks-fix-for-erroneous-charges-disclose-personal-information-to-other-customers)

sidney
July 27th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Bank's Fix For Erroneous Charges: Disclose Personal Information To Other Customers! (http://consumerist.com/5323385/banks-fix-for-erroneous-charges-disclose-personal-information-to-other-customers)

The "Bank of New Zealand", like the "National Bank of New Zealand" and every other bank except one that does business in New Zealand, is actually a wholly owned subsidiary of a big Australian bank that cares nothing for New Zealand except as an easy way to get what to them is pocket-change. Their names are designed to appeal to people's patriotism, but that's a sham.

Just before I moved here the government founded Kiwibank, a government-backed private company, as the only New Zealand owned bank. That was in response to the Australian banks refusing to open branches outside of the big cities. Kiwibank has at least a service counter in every post office, making banking available to everyone. They also offer reasonable customer service and don't impose rip-off bank fees for every little thing.

I don't understand why anyone here still bothers to bank with the big Australian banks like Bank of New Zealand.

Judy G. Russell
July 27th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I don't understand why anyone here still bothers to bank with the big Australian banks like Bank of New Zealand.Especially after an incident like that!!

Mike
July 28th, 2009, 02:10 AM
I don't understand why anyone here still bothers to bank with the big Australian banks like Bank of New Zealand.
What Judy said.

But then, I don't understand why so many people in the U.S. continue to subject themselves to abuse by BofA, Wells Fargo, Citibank, etc. There are plenty of little regional banks, and my favorites, credit unions.