PDA

View Full Version : Oh No Mo

ndebord
June 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM
They teed off on Mo last night like he was a batting practice pitcher. I know I've worn this one into the ground, but it is time for him to unveil his supposedly good changeup. (He only hit 91 on the gun last night and his cutter didn't cut much nor on the corners. Control was an issue.)

Mo should take a card from Warren Spahn's book: "Perhaps the most amazing thing about Spahn is his longevity. After beginning his career as a fireballer, Spahn fought off old age by learning new pitches like a screw ball and eventually a knuckler." Spahn's career was interrupted by WWII and he pitched into his 40s and won 300 games.

http://z.lee28.tripod.com/sbnslegends/id26.html

ndebord
June 8th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Aaachh... Turns out that Mo wasn't just doing his hurling from the mound, but both before and after his outing... Mo had the Flu and shouldn't have pitched at all.

<weak grin>

Judy G. Russell
June 8th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Aaachh... Turns out that Mo wasn't just doing his hurling from the mound, but both before and after his outing... Mo had the Flu and shouldn't have pitched at all. <weak grin>That makes me feel a little better about that whole bad scene.