PDA

View Full Version : The "new" Republican Party of Dick Cheney

ndebord
May 10th, 2009, 12:10 PM
"Well if I had to choose in terms of being a Republican, I’d go with Rush Limbaugh," Cheney told moderator Bob Schieffer. "My take on it was Colin had already left the party -- I didn't know he was still a Republican."

Judy G. Russell
May 12th, 2009, 10:49 AM
"Well if I had to choose in terms of being a Republican, I’d go with Rush Limbaugh," Cheney told moderator Bob Schieffer. "My take on it was Colin had already left the party -- I didn't know he was still a Republican."Compared to the GOP of today, Powell is NOT a Republican. Neither is Susan Collins or Olympia Snowe... and I wish they'd realize it and get the hell out.

Dodi Schultz
May 12th, 2009, 11:46 AM
On the other hand, it would be nice to see the party of Lincoln resurrect itself--something like what we used to have here in New York State, around four decades back.

--DS

ndebord
May 12th, 2009, 04:23 PM
On the other hand, it would be nice to see the party of Lincoln resurrect itself--something like what we used to have here in New York State, around four decades back.

--DS

Dodi,

Yup, just before D'Amato got rid of Javits through the sleeziest campaign run in recent memory.

ndebord
May 12th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Compared to the GOP of today, Powell is NOT a Republican. Neither is Susan Collins or Olympia Snowe... and I wish they'd realize it and get the hell out.

Judy,

Political suicide still for either Collins or Snowe... the old GOP may be dead elsewhere, but I wonder if they could win as Democrats... Perhaps as Independents?

Judy G. Russell
May 13th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Political suicide still for either Collins or Snowe... the old GOP may be dead elsewhere, but I wonder if they could win as Democrats... Perhaps as Independents?Maine is a different kind of state, but I imagine that independents could win there.