PDA

View Full Version : Tapcis.com email accounts

Judy G. Russell
May 29th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Here are some tips on setting up the tapcis.com email account you get as a thank-you for making a donation to the support of The Tapcisforum:

For Thunderbird:

I have the settings as follows:

name: [me]
email address: [me]@tapcis.com
incoming POP3: mail.tapcis.com
port: 110
user name: [me]
smtp server: smtpout.secureserver.net
port: 25
user name : [me]@tapcis.com
use name & password
TLS, if available

Then I hit send, the box pops up asking me for the password for [me]@tapcis.com, I type in my personal password (this is my account, not the main tapcis.com account) and voila.

Also:

Outlook set up directions (https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/faq/faq.asp?se=%2B&faq_id=535&topic_id=20&topic=Web%20/%20Email)

Eudora set up directions (https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/faq/faq.asp?se=%2B&faq_id=538&topic_id=20&topic=Web%20/%20Email)

and for those who find port 25 is blocked by their ISP, Frank Haber suggests trying port 26.

Toni Savage
May 30th, 2005, 07:12 AM
You say [me]... if I used Toni Savage as my name here, what happens to the blank in the middle? Underscore? Ignored??

Judy G. Russell
May 30th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Here in this forum, the space is simply a space. In email, I suspect it would have to be underscored.

sidney
May 30th, 2005, 08:45 AM
for those who find port 25 is blocked by their ISP, Frank Haber suggests trying port 26.

That was his guess based on what's common, but I found a FAQ that says that GoDaddy has set up ports 80 and 3535 as the alternative ports to use if port 25 is blocked.

-- sidney

Toni Savage
May 30th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Ok-- I get this message from outlook when i try to send... why does it reference my incoming server when the other is the outgoing?

Task 'mail.tapcis.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server information in your account properties.'

Toni Savage
May 30th, 2005, 09:07 AM
I've tried tonisavage, toni_savage and toni savage... nothing lets me log in...

Judy G. Russell
May 30th, 2005, 02:43 PM
The reason why you're getting that message is, ahem, you haven't yet responded to the email message asking you to choose which name@tapcis.com you'd like to have. So no email account has been set up for you yet. As soon as you choose an account name and let us know by return email, we'll set it up toot sweet or even earlier.

Judy G. Russell
May 30th, 2005, 02:44 PM
I think Mike King checked both of those and those didn't work. It's SBC that's blocking port 25, not GoDaddy.

Mike
May 30th, 2005, 04:37 PM
I tried both of those. T-bird connects, but keeps asking for my password. Even after providing my password.

How do you keep an imbecile busy?

Judy G. Russell
May 30th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Mike, I know you used Bill's workaround -- but did you try changing your password at the email.tapcis.com location (the webmail site)?

Mike
May 31st, 2005, 12:50 AM
Yup, Judy, that's how I changed my password so that it's no longer the default.

Toni Savage
June 1st, 2005, 05:42 AM
yeah... that message went to my work account. Now I gotta figure out where I put in that account....

Judy G. Russell
June 1st, 2005, 08:42 AM
Let me know if you need anything more to get it set up.

Guerri Stevens
June 2nd, 2005, 08:01 PM
Judy, I went to the web mail site and changed my password. Then I tried to set up my mail in Mozilla. The setup seemed to work. But I can't get my mail. When I type in the new password I created, I get an error message saying that mail.tapcis.com was accessed but the password was rejected. I tried several times even allowing quite a bit of time to elapse.

Guerri

Judy G. Russell
June 2nd, 2005, 10:22 PM
Check your private messages.

ndebord
June 3rd, 2005, 08:17 PM
Judy,

Help me out if you would with Foxmail. Here are the settings I need:

Connection Name: Usually smtp.something.com
POP3 Server: pop.something.com
POP3 Account: ndebord

Tks,

Judy G. Russell
June 3rd, 2005, 10:22 PM
Check your private messages.

MollyM/CA
June 9th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Er, I may need one of those "check your private messages" messages. All of a sudden Pegasus and Mailwasher can't access my mail account. Everything seems to be in order --Pegasus's detail line seems to be saying the username is OK but the password isn't, but who knows.

Judy G. Russell
June 9th, 2005, 11:06 PM
I'm away from home tonight and have to be at a 7am meeting (a fate worse than death for this night owl) so please be patient... I'll be able to check everything tomorrow (Friday) afternoon Eastern time.

Judy G. Russell
June 10th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Okay, I'm back from my oh-dark-thirty meeting. What I can do is change your password to something that you can then change again at your leisure. Would that help?

MollyM/CA
June 11th, 2005, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure I trust someone whose eyes are propped open with toothpicks to change a password!

Seriously, the problem somehow evaporated. Not long after I posted here the next pass by Mailwasher picked up the test message and Pegasus downloaded it without a murmur. I'll bear the password in mind for next time though --thanks.

Judy G. Russell
June 11th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I absolutely loathe intermittent transient problems. I have a rattle in my car that never, repeat never, occurs when it's in being serviced...

MollyM/CA
June 12th, 2005, 03:23 PM
I absolutely loathe intermittent transient problems. I have a rattle in my car that never, repeat never, occurs when it's in being serviced...

We have something in OUR car that makes it cough and stall as soon as you get too far to push it back into the driveway in cold and/or damp weather. You can park it at the repair place in lean-out-the-door fog and it won't do it. The time it did they couldn't find it, and they work only on Toyota and they're good.

If you see a 91 Toyota Camry for sale in the Modesto area in the middle of summer, don't buy it.

Judy G. Russell
June 12th, 2005, 06:46 PM
If you see a 91 Toyota Camry for sale in the Modesto area in the middle of summer, don't buy it.
ROFL!! I had a '91 Camry too. Traded it in on the Audi in 1998. I tend to buy a new car every seven years or so, whether I need it or not. Which reminds me... the Audi is now seven years old...

Mike
June 13th, 2005, 01:31 AM
the Audi is now seven years old...
And barely broken in.

Wayne Scott
June 13th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Will you be kind enough to change my forum name to "Wayne Scott" rather than "curm." The latter is not a good description of a sweet charming old gentleman of kindly manners and a lovable attitude.
Thank you so very much,
Curm

MollyM/CA
June 13th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Will you be kind enough to change my forum name to "Wayne Scott" rather than "curm." The latter is not a good description of a sweet charming old gentleman of kindly manners and a lovable attitude.
Thank you so very much,
Curm

A WHAAAAAATTTTT!!!!

Judy G. Russell
June 13th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Too true! It's only got 100,000 miles on it!

Judy G. Russell
June 13th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Now charming you may be, but sweet???

Nonetheless, name change accomplished. We can always give you a special title as Forum Curmudgeon...

Mike
June 14th, 2005, 03:50 PM
It should be good for another 250,000 miles, at least.

Judy G. Russell
June 14th, 2005, 03:52 PM
The only hitch I'm running into is that repairs and maintenance are verrrrrrrry expensive. Everything after the expiration of the warranty... of course...

bob(mc)
August 21st, 2005, 04:26 AM

That's because you always empty the junk out of your car when getting it serviced Judy :)

bob(mc)
August 21st, 2005, 04:31 AM
A WHAAAAAATTTTT!!!!

:eek: That was my reaction too, Molly :rolleyes:

bob(mc)
August 21st, 2005, 04:36 AM
The reason why you're getting that message is, ahem, you haven't yet responded to the email message asking you to choose which name@tapcis.com you'd like to have. So no email account has been set up for you yet. As soon as you choose an account name and let us know by return email, we'll set it up toot sweet or even earlier.

Judy,

I've just sent a msg to name@tapcis.com and it bounced <name@tapcis.com>:
Sorry, no mailbox here by that name.

Obviously I'm still a simpleton at this game.

Maybe I have to log off and see an e-mail before I am reistered properlike.
Now I'm wondering whether I'll be able to find my way back onto the board again :confused:

Mayb

Judy G. Russell
August 21st, 2005, 10:20 AM
I do not! Well... maybe the empty beer bottles....

Judy G. Russell
August 21st, 2005, 10:23 AM
You should be registered just fine, Bob, but being registered here isn't what gets you a tapcis.com email address of your very own. To get that little perk, you have to make a donation, of whatever size, to keeping this forum and website up and running. Details here (http://www.tapcis.com/support.html).