PDA

View Full Version : Eudora and Dominant personality

Judy G. Russell
July 24th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Okay... if I want to change the dominant personality for Eudora from (say) a work account to (say) a personal account already set up in Eudora, how would I do that? It appears that it's just a matter of swapping the settings for the two personalities, but that almost seems too easy???

davidh
July 24th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Okay... if I want to change the dominant personality for Eudora from (say) a work account to (say) a personal account already set up in Eudora, how would I do that? It appears that it's just a matter of swapping the settings for the two personalities, but that almost seems too easy???

Whew!

First I thought psychobabble was going to invade the forum.

However, I still have my doubts.

Did you receive a special dispensation from TPTB to use three different email programs: TAPCIS, Mozilla, and Eudora? Or is this now routinely considered kosher after the Email Communication forum merged into the Classic Support forum?

David H. BPD

Dan in Saint Louis
July 24th, 2005, 03:21 PM
It appears that it's just a matter of swapping the settings for the two personalities, but that almost seems too easy???
Yep, that's it. If you invade the eudora.ini file you will find that the dominant personality has no separate section heading, so there is no simple way to do it by just exchanging the .ini headings. The least perilous way is to just use the regular tools from the Eudora menu and put all the desired settings into the dominant personality, etc.

If you are brave you could try a cut-and-paste in the eudora.ini file, but carefully note where the section headings fall so you place the dominant settings in the right place.

Judy G. Russell
July 24th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Did you receive a special dispensation from TPTB to use three different email programs: TAPCIS, Mozilla, and Eudora? Or is this now routinely considered kosher after the Email Communication forum merged into the Classic Support forum?
Three? THREE? Let's see... Tapcis, Mozilla, Eudora, Thunderbird, Netscape... and do the online services count?

Judy G. Russell
July 24th, 2005, 03:41 PM
If you are brave you could try a cut-and-paste in the eudora.ini file, but carefully note where the section headings fall so you place the dominant settings in the right place.
I don't think I'm that brave (I looked at the INI file and it didn't seem like a simple swap there). So I think I'll just swap the settings on the two personalities in their properties.

davidh
July 24th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Three? THREE? Let's see... Tapcis, Mozilla, Eudora, Thunderbird, Netscape... and do the online services count?

Don't forget telnet to port 110 and Compuserve terminal mode ASCII mail, for extra fun and enjoyment.

:-)

Judy G. Russell
July 24th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Nah, I don't use ASCII access to email any more.

Mike
July 29th, 2005, 07:08 PM
<chucking at the thought of Judy and "dominant personality">

Judy G. Russell
July 29th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Are you calling me a dominatrix??? Sweet lil' ol' me?

Mike
August 4th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Well, apparently I was chucking, not chuckling. <shrug>

Judy G. Russell
August 4th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Speelchucking, I assume...?