PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Mozilla, Using Firefox

Guerri Stevens
July 24th, 2005, 02:25 PM
I have installed Firefox and am using it now. I would like to delete Mozilla. Is that safe, or do the two share something that must be preserved?

I notice that things are a little different. For instance, when I Ctrl+click to open something in a new tab, the focus remained on the old tab, leading to "huh?" but I have fixed the setting for that (at least I think so).

Firefox also seems a tad slower to load things, but that is very subjective and I haven't timed it. Plus I may have something set incorrectly.

Judy G. Russell
July 24th, 2005, 02:45 PM
I would like to delete Mozilla. Is that safe, or do the two share something that must be preserved?
It's safe; Firefox and Mozilla are entirely independent, so deleting Mozilla has no effect on Firefox at all.

davidh
July 24th, 2005, 03:08 PM
I have installed Firefox and am using it now. I would like to delete Mozilla.

My wife has Firefox, Mozilla, and Thunderbird on her XP PC.

Even tho' she's not using Mozilla any more, I'm glad we did not uninstall it. I'm using it now to edit the HTML for the descriptions in her EBAY ads.

We got NetObjects Fusion (HTML editing, etc.) 4.0 some years ago while signing up for her web hosting, but I haven't bothered to reinstall it since the HD crashed on her old PC. But Mozilla is probably good enough for the simple stuff I do for her.

YMMV,

David H.

Judy G. Russell
July 24th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Right: only the Mozilla Suite (now called SeaMonkey) has its own integrated HTML editor. However, Firefox and Thunderbird have a kissin' cousin called NVu (http://nvu.com/download.html), a complete HTML editing program available for Linux, Windows and Mac.

davidh
July 24th, 2005, 04:18 PM
the Mozilla Suite (now called SeaMonkey) Oy vey

Seems to me to be Quite a come down for a dragon.

David H.

<puff> or <poof>

Judy G. Russell
July 24th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Seems to me to be Quite a come down for a dragon.
Gee I dunno... the project is going along swimmingly...