PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Lance!

Judy G. Russell
July 24th, 2005, 01:21 PM
I'm not much on cycling generally, but I don't know how anybody can be anything other than amazed by Lance Armstrong's unprecedented seventh win in the Tour de France. A man given less than a 50% chance of survival back in 1996-97 standing seven times on the victor's stand in that grueling race... wow.

RayB (France)
July 24th, 2005, 02:58 PM
**wow.**

'WOW', indeed! Class act.

Judy G. Russell
July 24th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I really enjoy watching him. And "class act" is a really good term. I like the way, for example, he declined to wear the yellow jersey at one point because a fellow rider who had worn it til then had crashed and he didn't think it was right to wear it just because the other guy had crashed. (The race organizers ordered him to do so anyway.)

And of course s a fellow cancer survivor, I love the way he has raised consciousness of the need for a cure.

davidh
July 24th, 2005, 04:00 PM
L'chaim

Judy G. Russell
July 24th, 2005, 05:36 PM
I'll drink to that.

chm
July 25th, 2005, 04:58 PM
I'm not much on cycling generally, but I don't know how anybody can be anything other than amazed by Lance Armstrong's unprecedented seventh win in the Tour de France. A man given less than a 50% chance of survival back in 1996-97 standing seven times on the victor's stand in that grueling race... wow.
Yes, I do admire Lance Armstrong. Always have. And now I see him as a role model for all of us cancer survivors.

"Live Strong" - yep.

There's been talk swirling around about Armstrong entering politics...

chm

Judy G. Russell
July 25th, 2005, 05:14 PM
There's been talk swirling around about Armstrong entering politics...
As much as I'd like to see a genuinely nice guy get ahead, I'm not sure politics is "ahead".