PDA

View Full Version : Thom Hartmann Sighting!

ktinkel
January 27th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Thom Hartmann, longtime CompuServe member and sysop (who founded the Desktop Publishing Forum on CompuServe in 1989), was a guest on Keith Olbermann’s “Countdown” show tonight (Jan. 27) on MSNBC.

If you missed the program at 8 p.m. (EST), it is repeated in some markets two hours later (at 10 p.m.). Thom appears in the middle third of the show.

Judy G. Russell
January 27th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Thom Hartmann, longtime CompuServe member and sysop (who founded the Desktop Publishing Forum on CompuServe in 1989), was a guest on Keith Olbermann’s “Countdown” show tonight (Jan. 27) on MSNBC. If you missed the program at 8 p.m. (EST), it is repeated in some markets two hours later (at 10 p.m.). Thom appears in the middle third of the show.Cool! (I have to tell you: when I saw the subject line, I was bracing to be told we'd lost another good 'un!)

Lindsey
January 28th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Thom Hartmann, longtime CompuServe member and sysop (who founded the Desktop Publishing Forum on CompuServe in 1989), was a guest on Keith Olbermann’s “Countdown” show tonight (Jan. 27) on MSNBC.

If you missed the program at 8 p.m. (EST), it is repeated in some markets two hours later (at 10 p.m.). Thom appears in the middle third of the show.

Yes, I saw him! I didn't actually know him on CompuServe, but I remember seeing people mention him. He has a show on AirAmerica now, doesn't he?

Mike
January 28th, 2009, 02:36 AM
(I have to tell you: when I saw the subject line, I was bracing to be told we'd lost another good 'un!)
That was my fear, too. What a relief to see good news.

Mike
January 28th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Thom Hartmann ... was a guest on Keith Olbermann’s “Countdown” show tonight (Jan. 27)...
I found the segment online at Keith's site (the search box found two segments with Thom's name). Thom still looks the same as the last time I saw him... nine years ago!

ktinkel
January 28th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Cool! (I have to tell you: when I saw the subject line, I was bracing to be told we'd lost another good 'un!)Oh! Sorry. Why don’t you edit the title (those newly discovered Thread Tools will let you do it! <g>).

ktinkel
January 28th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Yes, I saw him! I didn't actually know him on CompuServe, but I remember seeing people mention him. He has a show on AirAmerica now, doesn't he?He does.

I wonder if his appearance on MSNBC is a try-out for the 10 p.m. slot — they (even including Keith, by reports I have seen) want a stronger follow-on from Rachel Maddow.

There have been a couple of new guest faces lately; my little mind can’t help wondering.

ktinkel
January 28th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I found the segment online at Keith's site (the search box found two segments with Thom's name). Thom still looks the same as the last time I saw him... nine years ago!Actually, I thought he looked a little younger. Maybe Oregon is a more agreeable climate than Vermont!

Thom also has a video (http://www.thomhartmann.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1114&Itemid=116) of his Olbermann appearance on his Thom Hartmann “talk radio for the rest of us” site.

sidney
January 28th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Oh! Sorry. Why don’t you edit the title<g>).

Done. I hope it's ok, it was the first thing that came to mind.

ktinkel
January 28th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Done. I hope it's ok, it was the first thing that came to mind.Looks good to me.

I hate those false obit-looking titles — they always give my heart a lurch. Shame on me for posting one.

Judy G. Russell
January 28th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Maybe Oregon is a more agreeable climate than Vermont!
Maybe? Maybe??

Judy G. Russell
January 28th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Oh! Sorry. Why don’t you edit the title (those newly discovered Thread Tools will let you do it! <g>).Duh... never occurred to me. And now Sidney beat me to it!

Mike
January 28th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Actually, I thought he looked a little younger.
He does look less stressed!

ktinkel
January 28th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Maybe? Maybe??Now, now — snow is not all, you know!

I went to college in Portland; and spent many summer holidays in Vermont. I love them both. But Thom moved from Atlanta to Vermont to Oregon!

ktinkel
January 28th, 2009, 09:08 PM
He does look less stressed!No longer trying to cope with CIS management? <g>

Judy G. Russell
January 28th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Now, now — snow is not all, you know!It isn't just snow. It's the cold. Although I am finally, in my later years, learning how to begin to cope. My first line of defense is: stay indoors. My second line of defense is: chemical hand warmers!

Lindsey
January 29th, 2009, 01:53 AM
I wonder if his appearance on MSNBC is a try-out for the 10 p.m. slot — they (even including Keith, by reports I have seen) want a stronger follow-on from Rachel Maddow.

Could well be, but I would be a little bit sorry, because 10 p.m. is the only time I get to see Olberman's show. :(

Mike
January 29th, 2009, 02:36 AM
No longer trying to cope with CIS management?
That was my first thought!

ktinkel
January 29th, 2009, 09:42 AM
It isn't just snow. It's the cold. Although I am finally, in my later years, learning how to begin to cope. My first line of defense is: stay indoors. My second line of defense is: chemical hand warmers!Have to confess that I am becoming much more susceptible to cold as the years go by. This winter is really taxing in that respect — seems I am cold all the time.

Fortunately I have my stretchy fleece tops (sometimes three of them at once).

Judy G. Russell
January 29th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Have to confess that I am becoming much more susceptible to cold as the years go by. This winter is really taxing in that respect — seems I am cold all the time. Fortunately I have my stretchy fleece tops (sometimes three of them at once).I have found myself using a space heater here in the computer room more and more. I'm not sure it's more energy efficient than heating the whole house to a warmer temp, since it's electric, but... what's important is that I'm warm!

ktinkel
January 30th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I have found myself using a space heater here in the computer room more and more. I'm not sure it's more energy efficient than heating the whole house to a warmer temp, since it's electric, but... what's important is that I'm warm!I have a small heater in my office too — and it should be cheaper than heating the whole house. Our house is very leaky, so it must save some energy.

But I wish it were a little robot that could walk around me; I end up with a warm side and a cool one!

Judy G. Russell
January 30th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I have a small heater in my office too — I wish it were a little robot that could walk around me; I end up with a warm side and a cool one!Same here, I'm afraid, and no way around it that I can figure out. Mine oscillates, but it still leaves my left side colder than my right side!