PDA

View Full Version : Inflatable Monsters

Peter Creasey
January 16th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Innovative Art (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH6xCT2aTSo)

Judy G. Russell
January 16th, 2009, 07:40 PM
That's terrific! (Looking at the subject, I was afraid it was going to be those awful holiday-type lawn decorations, which are certainly monstrous!)

Peter Creasey
January 16th, 2009, 08:15 PM
That's terrific!

Judy, Yes, it is really neat!

Please put on your moderator hat and correct the spelling of "inflatable" in the title. I couldn't figure out any way to correct the error myself. And posting typos is SO annoying!

Thanks!

Judy G. Russell
January 16th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Yes, it is really neat!It is very clever. It does leave me wondering a bit about folks who have too much time on their hands, but... clever nonetheless.

Please put on your moderator hat and correct the spelling of "inflatable" in the title.Done.

dgermann
January 17th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Neat!

And Judy's comment leaves me pondering what we all mean when we throw around that phrase--too much time on their hands? Does it mean it is not worthwhile, not even worth anything? Only if you get paid for doing something is it worthwhile? What is the value of art?

I have said this sort of thing before, and now you have given me something to ponder. Thanks, Judy!

Judy G. Russell
January 17th, 2009, 08:57 PM
And Judy's comment leaves me pondering what we all mean when we throw around that phrase--too much time on their hands?What I think of when I use the phrase is someone who clearly isn't as over-committed as I am!

Mike
January 18th, 2009, 02:48 AM
What I think of when I use the phrase is someone who clearly isn't as over-committed as I am!
Indeed! We didn't have candles on my (cheese) cake, but my only wish would have been for more hours in each day... 10 or 12 would have done nicely!

Lindsey
January 18th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Innovative Art (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH6xCT2aTSo)

Pretty cool! I especially liked the polar bear, but it looked to me more like a dog.

Judy G. Russell
January 18th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Indeed! We didn't have candles on my (cheese) cake, but my only wish would have been for more hours in each day... 10 or 12 would have done nicely!I'd have a lot more time...if I didn't have to work for a living!

Mike
January 19th, 2009, 03:34 AM
I'd have a lot more time...if I didn't have to work for a living!
Currently I'm not working for a living, but I still find insufficient time to get everything done! I'm not even spending as much time each day looking for a job, because of all the other things that need to be done.

Judy G. Russell
January 19th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I'm not even spending as much time each day looking for a job, because of all the other things that need to be done.Life has a way of filling up every available minute... and then some!

Lindsey
January 20th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Life has a way of filling up every available minute... and then some!

Just like stuff has a way of filling up every square inch of available space...

Mike
January 20th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Life has a way of filling up every available minute... and then some!
I need to use two-letter word more often.

Judy G. Russell
January 21st, 2009, 02:41 PM
Just like stuff has a way of filling up every square inch of available space...... no matter how much stuff you get rid of along the way! I was very proud of myself yesterday in DC: no matter how tempted I was, I didn't buy anything as a souvenir of the inauguration! Of course, the t-shirt I got beforehand doesn't count...

Judy G. Russell
January 21st, 2009, 02:42 PM
I need to use two-letter word more often.You and me both. Preceded, on occasion, by a four-letter word for a very hot place.

Lindsey
January 21st, 2009, 10:00 PM
... no matter how much stuff you get rid of along the way!

Indeed!

I was very proud of myself yesterday in DC: no matter how tempted I was, I didn't buy anything as a souvenir of the inauguration! Of course, the t-shirt I got beforehand doesn't count...

Awww, that's a shame! (I was thinking today that it would have been a lovely to spend some Georges, but there is no way I would have survived being in that huge crowd of people.)

Judy G. Russell
January 21st, 2009, 10:29 PM
Awww, that's a shame! (I was thinking today that it would have been a lovely to spend some Georges, but there is no way I would have survived being in that huge crowd of people.)No, it's not a shame. I have the kind of souvenirs that matter -- my photos. Bringing something else home with me... no.

Lindsey
January 22nd, 2009, 12:29 AM
No, it's not a shame. I have the kind of souvenirs that matter -- my photos. Bringing something else home with me... no.

Well, that's a very good point! The photos are the best souvenirs of all.

Mike
January 22nd, 2009, 05:00 AM
Preceded, on occasion, by a four-letter word for a very hot place.
I use a different four-letter word that by itself means something entirely differently, but when combined with the two-letter word, conveys the same meaning as your pair.~

Judy G. Russell
January 22nd, 2009, 08:27 AM
Well, that's a very good point! The photos are the best souvenirs of all.Especially when they're digital, because it means less clutter, and less clutter in my life would be a Very Good Thing.

Judy G. Russell
January 22nd, 2009, 08:27 AM
I use a different four-letter word that by itself means something entirely differently, but when combined with the two-letter word, conveys the same meaning as your pair.~Gotcha!

ndebord
January 22nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
Indeed!

Awww, that's a shame! (I was thinking today that it would have been a lovely to spend some Georges, but there is no way I would have survived being in that huge crowd of people.)

Lindsey,

Better that day to have spent some Abes! <VBG>

Lindsey
January 22nd, 2009, 06:32 PM
Better that day to have spent some Abes! <VBG>

LOL! Good point!