PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year, 2009!

sidney
December 31st, 2008, 05:06 AM
From the beginning of the new year here in New Zealand where it all begins

Happy 2009, everybody!

Judy G. Russell
December 31st, 2008, 08:28 AM
We have a few more hours to go here in Eastern Standard Time -- 14.5 hours!!! But HAPPY NEW YEAR to you, Sidney!!

Jeff
December 31st, 2008, 01:36 PM

Happy 2009, everybody!

Oh, yeah, the way way west coast. Good on you. It's only noon here, and a whole lot of people wish it was much much later. About 20 days later.

- Jeff

ndebord
December 31st, 2008, 05:45 PM

Happy 2009, everybody!

Sidney,

And a happy new year to you and yours.. Ah, can you send us your weather? It's truly bitter here and I'm NOT going to Times Square any time soon!

fhaber
December 31st, 2008, 08:13 PM
Patting a tummy full of oysters, I, too, wish all a very

Happy New Year!

Mike
January 1st, 2009, 12:39 AM
From the west coast of the continental U.S., <clink!>.

Happy New Year to all!

Dodi Schultz
January 1st, 2009, 12:08 PM
I'll echo that from here on the frigid East Coast, Mike!

--Dodi

Lindsey
January 1st, 2009, 10:55 PM
Patting a tummy full of oysters,

I had some great oysters last night myself -- on the company, even, as I and my new boss were working the end-of-year run.

Happy New Year, all!

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
January 1st, 2009, 11:58 PM
I and my new boss were working the end-of-year run.That's no fun!!!

Happy New Year, all!And the happiest of New Years to you too!!

Judy G. Russell
January 1st, 2009, 11:59 PM
...the frigid East CoastI occasionally toy with the idea of going to Times Square just once. Not this year. Not with those temps!

Peter Creasey
January 2nd, 2009, 08:39 AM
Happy New Year, Sidney and everyone!!

Lindsey
January 3rd, 2009, 11:51 PM
That's no fun!!!

SOP for the banking software we use; it requires three runs (each with its own backup afterward) to get things ready for the first working day of the next year, so it's either stay and finish it up on New Year's Eve, or come back to do it New Year's Day. I can't complain, though. Until my previous boss retired, he took care of most of it, so I actually haven't had to stay for a long time.

And believe me, the dinner I had was well worth staying a little late for. (Should I mention that for dessert we split a concoction of beignets filled with Grand Marnier-flavored dark chocolate served with a side of vanilla ice cream? Ooops, careful-- don't drool on your keyboard!)