PDA

View Full Version : Blagojevich blagoes off the deep end

sidney
December 10th, 2008, 12:15 AM
My favorite tin foil hat prediction of what Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich will do now that he has been arrested for trying to sell Obama's former Senate seat...

Before the Illinois state legislature has time to either change the law to require a special election [Could he veto that law? Or does the 17th Amendment make such a law veto-proof?] and/or impeach him, Blagojevich cuts a deal with Bush to appoint a Republican to the seat in exchange for a pardon. The new Senate, with 57 or 58 Democrats depending on the outcome in Minnesota, doesn't get the 60 votes necessary to expel the newly appointed Senator.

Alternative that gets him extra benefits, a pardon and a job... Same as above, but he appoints himself, switching parties.

Mike
December 10th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Brent, who has avoided politics until this year, asked tonight, "What is it about that state?"

I had to explain to him about Daley and "Vote early, vote often."

Judy G. Russell
December 10th, 2008, 08:39 AM
My favorite tin foil hat prediction of what Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich will do now that he has been arrested for trying to sell Obama's former Senate seat...Oh. My. Lord. The fact that we're even in a position to joke about it...

And I strongly suspect there will be a veto-proof special election bill passed by the middle3 of next week...

Judy G. Russell
December 10th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Brent, who has avoided politics until this year, asked tonight, "What is it about that state?" I had to explain to him about Daley and "Vote early, vote often."My father grew up in Chicago. One year just after he learned to drive, he got a traffic ticket, returnable in court -- on a national holiday. There were long lines of folks to pay those tickets when he arrived at the court that day... and only cash was accepted... and amazingly there was no record thereafter of any tickets ever having been issued...

ndebord
December 11th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Brent, who has avoided politics until this year, asked tonight, "What is it about that state?"

I had to explain to him about Daley and "Vote early, vote often."

Mike,

Daley is just the tip of the iceberg. Think 1/3 of the nation's goods traverse the Mississippi, and the Outfit and its cohorts dip their beaks in everything from New Orleans to Lake Itasca in Minnesota. The center of all things riverborne is Chicago and its familiar, Illinois.

Mike
December 12th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Daley is just the tip of the iceberg.
That's ok. Sometimes Brent has a short attention span. <g>

Dodi Schultz
December 12th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Leno has been all over this guy the past couple of nights. He regularly stumbles over the surname (which I've heard pronounced several different ways) and usually gives up, referring to him subsequently as "Bluhsonofabitch".

--Dodi

Mike
December 13th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Yeah, our names for Palin often rhymed with that.

fhaber
December 14th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Only this may endure from the Blagojevich scandal (from Roy Blount on Wait, Wait, just this a.m.):

"Gov. Blagojevich puts the "goober" back in "gubernatorial.""

(Google says the joke's old, but my funnybone made me quote this.)

Judy G. Russell
December 14th, 2008, 03:37 PM
"Gov. Blagojevich puts the "goober" back in "gubernatorial.""It is old, but it's still funny!

Mike
December 15th, 2008, 02:43 AM
SNL had a lot of jokes about the hair.

ndebord
December 15th, 2008, 08:43 AM
SNL had a lot of jokes about the hair.

Mike,

Another way to look at it. The Donald has dropped to No. 2 on the worst dressed hairdo list.

;-)

Mike
December 16th, 2008, 02:25 AM
<snicker>