PDA

View Full Version : Who what when where why?

twcarey
December 8th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Hey Tappers! I'm not sure where I've been all this time, but I just fell back in here a few days ago and wanted to say Hi. Hi!

I was thinking about the old forum recently because my younger daughter Kate, who was the subject of much discussion when I was pregnant with her, is about to turn 20. Twenty! Gads! So I'm having a bout of nostalgia for the olden days when life was simpler.

I'll try to catch up around here when I have a chance. You can find me on Facebook if you haven't already.

-- T.

Judy G. Russell
December 8th, 2008, 09:12 PM
my younger daughter Kate, who was the subject of much discussion when I was pregnant with her, is about to turn 20.Not possible. She's still a little girl, no? Little bitty thing? Little... no, huh? Egads... where has the time gone?

Good to see your smiling pixels around.

Paul Keating
December 9th, 2008, 03:03 AM
Hi T.

Mike
December 9th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Yowza!

So we know the who, what, when and why, but where are you these days, T?

Guerri Stevens
December 9th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Hey Tappers! I'm not sure where I've been all this time, but I just fell back in here a few days ago and wanted to say Hi. Hi!
Hello, Rules Mother! You'll be happy to know the Dixonary game is still going strong!

ChuckEmery
December 9th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Hi! Good to see you out and about. We are LinkedIn, but I've looked on Facebook but there are too many of you. Can you check for me? I'm the Chuck Emery in Toronto with the Red Ski Jacket and the Russki chapka. I'm also on MySpace with a very small and curious selection of Friends, and on CircuSpace too, just to cover all the bases.

I'm sure everyone is dying to know what you've been up to. I'm still black and blue from kicking myself about not showing up in Tokyo when the chance was available - it's not like I didn't go to Oslo to see some friends who were performing there.

Hope you're doing well and hang around for a while.

- Chuck

poakes
December 9th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Hey Tappers! I'm not sure where I've been all this time, ...

Oh this is rich. Just this afternoon Sue was asking if I knew whatever became of you!.

-poakes

twcarey
December 9th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I found you, Chuck -- friend request should be on CrackBook now.

twcarey
December 9th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I'm in Silly-con Valley as usual. Well, except for the 2 1/2 years I lived in Tokyo, and 4 years in Berkeley, this is where I've lived since I was 5 years old. -- T.

twcarey
December 9th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I see that Dixonary lives on (and on and on and ...). It's almost as old as Kate!

-- T.

twcarey
December 9th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Well, Kate is the shortest member of the family, at 5'7". Colleen topped out a hair under 6 feet, which is a useful height as she is still playing volleyball.

The puppy weighed in at 67 pounds when I took him to the vet a couple of hours ago after he ate a bottle of chewable Vitamin C tablets. Many photos of 6-month-old chocolate lab Toby (full name: Toblerone) on FaceBook.

-- T.

twcarey
December 9th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hi to you and Sue! I'm still wondering whatever became of me.

-- T.

Judy G. Russell
December 9th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Many photos of 6-month-old chocolate lab Toby (full name: Toblerone) on FaceBook.Love the name, can't find you on Facebook! (Did find your article on Banking in the Age of Facebook (http://www.filife.com/stories/banking-in-the-age-of-facebook), though!)

Mike
December 10th, 2008, 03:44 AM
I'm in Silly-con Valley as usual
That's good (I hope!). I was afraid you'd decided to sample some other exotic far away land for a few years. <g>

And I just read the article from Judy's link. I hadn't heard of the Facebook version, but I've seen articles about some of the competish.

twcarey
December 10th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Judy, I just checked my settings and I should be searchable on FaceBook. I'm listed as Theresa Wilkinson Carey there.

twcarey
December 10th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Well, I did live in Tokyo for 2 1/2 years, but came back at the tail end of 1999.

Dodi Schultz
December 10th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Hi, RulesMom! Welcome back!

Are you still flying?

Hope you're thinking about rejoining The Game!

--Dodi

Mike
December 11th, 2008, 03:57 AM
I figured you were due again. <g>

twcarey
December 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Dodi, I still have a pilot's license but my medical has lapsed. I grounded myself a couple of years ago after a car accident, caused by a local cop, caused so much pain that I was on some very serious drugs for a while. A couple of them are on the FAA No-Fly list, so I didn't fly.

After two surgeries and a lot of physical therapy, I'm over all the car crash issues, but now I have a kid in college and my 401(k) is a 201(k) so I've grounded myself for financial reasons. Pout.

By the way, today is the 6-month anniversary of what I hope was my last orthopedic surgery (left shoulder got fixed) and I have to say it was a major success. If anyone needs a recommendation for a shoulder surgeon or a neck surgeon, I will be happy to provide them.

-- T.

Dodi Schultz
December 12th, 2008, 05:14 PM
About that surgery--yikes! Glad you're all over it, and hope all will be well, and blissfully pain free, from here on. (I'm just a few months past a total hip replacement, performed at the top orthopedic chop shop here in the East, and winding up post-op PT. No fun, but needed.)

So: Gonna rejoin The Game? Maybe? Maybe? Your name and exalted Dixonary status are frequently invoked.

--Dodi

Lindsey
December 19th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Hi, T! I'm so glad you found this place!

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident! I'm especially sorry that it banged up your shoulder so badly, but I'm glad to hear that it all came out well and that you are now at the point of putting it all in the past.

--Lindsey