PDA

View Full Version : A little late...

Judy G. Russell
November 27th, 2008, 08:26 PM
... but better late than never.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.

(Now would someone tell me how it is I managed to end up with five children eight years old and younger in my house for four days?????????)

-- Judy

ndebord
November 27th, 2008, 09:59 PM
... but better late than never.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.

(Now would someone tell me how it is I managed to end up with five children eight years old and younger in my house for four days?????????)

-- Judy

Judy,

A moment's insanity? (When your familial instincts let you utter those fatal words: "fine by me" when the family said let us dump the kids off at Judy's house this year!

<g,d&r>

Judy G. Russell
November 27th, 2008, 11:47 PM
A moment's insanity? (When your familial instincts let you utter those fatal words: "fine by me" when the family said let us dump the kids off at Judy's house this year!<g,d&r>This was a little different. I was just starting to plan when my niece called and informed me that she would be coming to my Thanksgiving this year. I never invited her, she simply said she was coming.

Now it's true that I didn't say "no, you can't come" but... it would have been hard. Her father (my brother) and her mother divorced when she was very young; she is just starting to building a really good relationship with my brother; and her intro was "I really want to spend more time with my Dad, and he's coming to your house for Thanksgiving, so..."

Not easy to say "no" under those circumstances.

And, truth be told, four of the kids (eight months, two, four and seven) are really good kids. The eight-year-old, however, should be the poster child for the ADHD society.

Mike
November 28th, 2008, 04:31 AM
The eight-year-old, however, should be the poster child for the ADHD society.
You could be the poster child for the stocks and bars society.

Judy G. Russell
November 28th, 2008, 10:46 PM
You could be the poster child for the stocks and bars society.I was about the only disciplinarian in the house, telling the eight year old than in my house we do not flick cool whip on the adults...

ndebord
November 28th, 2008, 11:31 PM
This was a little different. I was just starting to plan when my niece called and informed me that she would be coming to my Thanksgiving this year. I never invited her, she simply said she was coming.

Now it's true that I didn't say "no, you can't come" but... it would have been hard. Her father (my brother) and her mother divorced when she was very young; she is just starting to building a really good relationship with my brother; and her intro was "I really want to spend more time with my Dad, and he's coming to your house for Thanksgiving, so..."

Not easy to say "no" under those circumstances.

And, truth be told, four of the kids (eight months, two, four and seven) are really good kids. The eight-year-old, however, should be the poster child for the ADHD society.

Judy,

Good, we should get your 8 year old and my 8 year old niece together... a nice group foto for the ADHD society!

I spent a summer trying to help four of my nieces and nephews recover after my brother suddenly died and to this day, one of my nephews has never recovered the sunny disposition he once enjoyed. SIGH

Most of that branch of my family is now in Texas and they don't cotton to NYC, so....

Mike
November 29th, 2008, 03:09 AM
I was about the only disciplinarian in the house
I hate it when that happens. I turn to Mommy & Daddy and ask them if they know what the fruit of their loins is doing.

Judy G. Russell
November 30th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Good, we should get your 8 year old and my 8 year old niece together... a nice group foto for the ADHD society!The country might not survive...

ndebord
December 1st, 2008, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by ndebord View Post
Good, we should get your 8 year old and my 8 year old niece together... a nice group foto for the ADHD society!

The country might not survive...

Judy,

Shudder!

<weak grin>