PDA

View Full Version : What type of satellite TV? Dish or DirecTV?

Mike
November 27th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Ok, if we have to start planning to switch our service, I'd like to learn others' preference between Dish and DirecTV.

We have friends in Sacramento who aren't partial to either one. Their history is using one of them until they get pissed off and switch. Then, a few years later, when the other one pisses them off, they switch back.

For comparison purposes, our current cable (pre-Comcast) offers us

all the local channels
the most common satellite channels (e.g., ESPN and its ilk, TNT, TBS, USA, ..., A&E, Bravo, IFC, ..., HGTV, DIY, CNN, CNBC, CMT, etc.)
HD versions of the local channels
48 channels from "Music Choice"That seems to cover our viewing needs, although I certainly wouldn't complain if we had more HD channels.

So, what do you like, and why? ...thanks!

Peter Creasey
November 27th, 2008, 08:24 AM
what do you like, and why?

Mike, I had Dish Network for a long time and liked it okay.

I now have Uverse which uses fiber optic and it is a big improvement over satellite service (and quite a bit cheaper, also). Uverse provides both broadband Internet and high definition TV.

Judy G. Russell
November 27th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Ok, if we have to start planning to switch our service, I'd like to learn others' preference between Dish and DirecTV.My brother has Dish, I have DirecTv, six of one, half dozen of the other. Look at the two and compare packages and pick the one you like better. They're essentially equal in stability.