PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Palin

sidney
November 8th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I'm not sure what is the significance of this might be, but I just saw it pointed out that an anagram of "Republican" is "Bruce Palin"

Judy G. Russell
November 8th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I'm not sure what is the significance of this might be, but I just saw it pointed out that an anagram of "Republican" is "Bruce Palin"Sarah is really Bruce????? O. Mi. God.

Bill Hirst
November 8th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure what is the significance of this might be, but I just saw it pointed out that an anagram of "Republican" is "Bruce Palin"
It also makes "plebian cur" and "cuban peril," neither one very endearing. (Thanks to Neil Rubenking for the Namegram software.)

-Bill

ndebord
November 8th, 2008, 10:43 PM
It also makes "plebian cur" and "cuban peril," neither one very endearing. (Thanks to Neil Rubenking for the Namegram software.)

-Bill

Bill,

Would a plebian cur put us in cuban peril if she loves cuban food?

;-)

Judy G. Russell
November 8th, 2008, 10:53 PM
It also makes "plebian cur" and "cuban peril," neither one very endearing. (Thanks to Neil Rubenking for the Namegram software.)ROFL!!! Ooooooh... I don't know where my copy of that software is and I can't find it online anymore!

Lindsey
November 9th, 2008, 12:26 AM

I like all of those even better than what Rachel Maddow came up with last week, when, at the end of a story about the recent Republican "where do we go from here" summit in Virginia, she anagrammed it to "CURE B PALIN".

Bill Hirst
November 9th, 2008, 06:16 AM
ROFL!!! Ooooooh... I don't know where my copy of that software is and I can't find it online anymore!
I can e-mail you a copy. You should know it's an ancient DOS program, so it might need to be run from the c:\> prompt. Look for a zip file in a followup mail.

-Bill

Bill Hirst
November 9th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Namegram is shareware, and still available at:

http://www.filewatcher.com/b/ftp/ftp.demon.nl/disk3/Demon/ibmpc/dos/apps/namegram.0.0.html

or http://tinyurl.com/56u2tr

-Bill

Judy G. Russell
November 9th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I like all of those even better than what Rachel Maddow came up with last week, when, at the end of a story about the recent Republican "where do we go from here" summit in Virginia, she anagrammed it to "CURE B PALIN".I just had a long talk with a brother in Virginia who, I thought, had voted for McCain. He certainly sounded like he was going to vote that way the last time I talked to him before the election. He tells me that Palin was the deciding factor for him: he voted for Obama.

Judy G. Russell
November 9th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I can e-mail you a copy. You should know it's an ancient DOS program, so it might need to be run from the c:\> prompt. Look for a zip file in a followup mail.Thanks for this and for posting the link, Bill!

Lindsey
November 9th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I just had a long talk with a brother in Virginia who, I thought, had voted for McCain. He certainly sounded like he was going to vote that way the last time I talked to him before the election. He tells me that Palin was the deciding factor for him: he voted for Obama.

There was a woman from Maine on "Weekend Edition" this morning, apparently one of several people they were following through the election season to touch base with what they were thinking at various points during the campaign. This morning they were asking this woman and a man who I think was from New York, but I don't remember for sure. Anyway, the woman is a single mother, white, with two mixed-race sons who were very enthusiastic about Obama. But she, apparently had been undecided throughout the campaign, and right up until the time she got ready to enter the voting booth. Ultimately, she said, she decided she couldn't really vote for either candidate because she didn't like either of them, but she decided she would cast her vote for Sarah Palin, because she didn't think women had been treated very nicely during the campaign.

I couldn't believe it. I mean, I can sympathize with the idea that women are often subjected to criticism in the political arena that arises simply from the fact that they are female, but why would you decide to lodge a protest on that issue by voting for the side that is likely to set back the cause of women's rights? Honestly!

Judy G. Russell
November 9th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Ultimately, she said, she decided she couldn't really vote for either candidate because she didn't like either of them, but she decided she would cast her vote for Sarah Palin, because she didn't think women had been treated very nicely during the campaign.Just plain nuts.

MollyM/CA
November 10th, 2008, 08:18 PM
she would cast her vote for Sarah Palin, because she didn't think women had been treated very nicely during the campaign.

That's got to be some kind of winner. Darwin Award?

Lindsey
November 10th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Just plain nuts.

That was more or less my take on it, yes!

Lindsey
November 10th, 2008, 09:36 PM
That's got to be some kind of winner. Darwin Award?

I think the Darwin Awards are for doing something that is both stupid and fatal (like juggling live hand grenades) or that is stupid and renders you sterile, as this guy (http://www.darwinawards.com/stupid/stupid2008-08.html) came very close to doing.

This woman's decision wasn't fatal, at least not to herself. Could possibly have been to the country as a whole...

If she was that undecided, I have to wonder why she didn't opt to look to the next generation and go with what her sons wanted for their own future.