PDA

View Full Version : The world's WORST timing

Judy G. Russell
November 3rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
In what may go down in history as an example of the world's worst timing, the California GOP filed a complaint today with the Federal Election Commission over Barack Obama's use of campaign funds to fly to the bedside of his grandmother.

Madelyn Dunham, Obama's grandmother, died today.

Bad timing, guys. Bad bad timing.

MollyM/CA
November 3rd, 2008, 06:52 PM
But why would he use campaign funds? --if he did?

Judy G. Russell
November 3rd, 2008, 06:58 PM
But why would he use campaign funds? --if he did?Presumably because making that trip on the campaign plane, with his campaign staff, reporters, secret service team and other assorted hangers-on, allowed him to use all available time that he wasn't actually on the ground with his grandmother to focus on the campaign. And because using the plane let him stay actively campaigning longer and return to campaigning earlier than any reasonably priced alternative would have allowed.

Lindsey
November 3rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
In what may go down in history as an example of the world's worst timing, the California GOP filed a complaint today with the Federal Election Commission over Barack Obama's use of campaign funds to fly to the bedside of his grandmother.

Madelyn Dunham, Obama's grandmother, died today.

Bad timing, guys. Bad bad timing.

And this after the GOP spent $150 grand on Sarah Palin's wardrobe, calling it "campaign accessories"? After their highest paid staffer is her makup artist? After McCain spends a small fortune on his own makeup? They have no shame.

I am so very sorry that Madelyn Dunham, who must have been a remarkable woman, did not live to see her grandson elected president. But I hope she is now in a position to smite these GOP creeps from the heavens!

Judy G. Russell
November 4th, 2008, 08:28 AM
And this after the GOP spent $150 grand on Sarah Palin's wardrobe, calling it "campaign accessories"? After their highest paid staffer is her makup artist? After McCain spends a small fortune on his own makeup? They have no shame.Exactly. But hey... Sarah's clothes and makeup didn't come from campaign funds. Those came from RNC funds. That makes it all okay, right?

I am so very sorry that Madelyn Dunham, who must have been a remarkable woman, did not live to see her grandson elected president. But I hope she is now in a position to smite these GOP creeps from the heavens!Wouldn't that be nice...

Lindsey
November 5th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Wouldn't that be nice...
I think she may have done a pretty good job tonight. :)

Judy G. Russell
November 5th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I think she may have done a pretty good job tonight. :)I'm not much of a believer, but the mental image of Tutu Dunham looking down and smiling is an awfully nice mental image...