PDA

View Full Version : CIS Boards in a new format??

Peter Creasey
November 3rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
It appears there is some kind new formatting on the Compuserve Boards. I can't figure out how to navigate the Compuserve Boards today...plus the pages won't even load for me oftentimes.

Has Compuserve once again shot themselves in the foot? Anybody know what's going on?

ktinkel
November 3rd, 2008, 01:50 PM
It appears there is some kind new formatting on the Compuserve Boards. I can't figure out how to navigate the Compuserve Boards today...plus the pages won't even load for me oftentimes.

Has Compuserve once again shot themselves in the foot? Anybody know what's going on?Dunno, but I ran into it this morning.

I posted about it in Cooks, and they are all as surprised as I was. But it does appear to be system-wide, and the powers-that-be are working frantically to get it fixed.

Since it blows away the ads, it is clearly unintentional. At least, that part of it.

Peter Creasey
November 3rd, 2008, 02:08 PM
I posted about it in Cooks, and they are all as surprised as I was.

Kathleen, No one anywhere seems to know what is going on.

And, the ads are still there...at least some of the time as I have seen them numerous times.

Dan in Saint Louis
November 3rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
It appears there is some kind new formatting on the Compuserve Boards.
No sysops knew anything about it.

No business partners knew anything about it.

No CompuServe representatives have dared appear in the two non-public forums that I know about.

Prospero was bought by Mzinga (http://www.mzinga.com/en/Home/prospero.asp?adid=PS:PRSP:Prod404).

Several sysop features (thread prune and graft, front page controls) have been withdrawn.

Peter Creasey
November 3rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Prospero was bought by Mzinga

Dan, I wonder if Compuserve/AOL is even still in the picture!?!

Maybe merzi is now gone!?!

davidh
November 3rd, 2008, 03:26 PM
FWIW the CIS forum layout is about the same now as that of Delphiforums/Prospero forums.

Mzinga Acquires Prospero
By NewsShark on March 3, 2008 9:12 AM

Mzinga announced it has acquired Littleton, MA-based Prospero Technologies. Prospero has a client base in the media, entertainment, and publishing sectors, and owns online community properties Talk City and Delphi Forums. With this acquisition, Mzinga now offers a broad suite of workplace and customer community solutions. The two companies bring together a combination of business social media technology, in-depth moderation services, and domain expertise focused on improving business processes for marketing, human resources, and customer service professionals. Mzinga's software-as-a-service technology platform provides a suite of social media applications, flexible integration options, and enterprise-grade moderation capabilities to help ensure efficient, secure control of user-generated content. The platform allows flexibility in the way social media technology is deployed. Using "widget" technology, one or more social media elements may be seamlessly embedded into a customer's web site, while template functionality can be used to create private-label community destination sites. Customers also have the option of crafting their own look and feel, and integrating social media features via API into their web pages or other applications. This social media technology will be integrated into Mzinga's learning platform. http://www.mzinga.com
Categories:

* Collaboration,
* Social software

Tags:

* acquisition,
* Mzinga,
* Prospero,
* social software
http://gilbane.com/news/2008/03/mzinga_acquires_prospero.html

From what I've seen on my AOL account, it looks like AOL is dropping features right and left.

This is pure speculation but perhaps this could provide a migration path for the CIS forums (into Delphiforums) if AOL is sold or craters.

Top Forums

* Pleasure Horse Journal Online Forum
* Simply Irresistible
* 20/20 Racing Page
* Natural Family Planning discussion board
* Opinion Forum
* Isle of Whack

* Mountaineer Message Board
* Big Girl Pants
* Bare Escentuals Addicts
* Diabetic Mommy
* DreamHorse.com Message Forum
* Kawasaki Vulcan

Cast Your Vote

-
webpage redjane|18735
- in Home Page Polls

Have you ever woken up and not known where you were?
Yes
No
Vote|Results

Delphi Chat

51 now chatting in 23 rooms
C.J's Lounge
Topic: Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you
8 now chatting
Simply The Best
Topic: Monday, yup, it's true
6 now chatting
Night Hours Courtyard
Topic: Let the roasting begin...
5 now chatting

© 2008 Mzinga, Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy Terms of Service

http://delphiforums.com/

DH

davidh
November 3rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
To: Patricia O. (9 of 17)
2223.9 in reply to 2223.8
No, we are not being converted. Mzinga is broken and the techs are working on it.http://forums.prospero.com/ws-practice/messages

Dan in Saint Louis
November 3rd, 2008, 05:03 PM
http://forums.prospero.com/ws-practice/messagesGeez, I hope so. The "new look" is dreadful, and some sysop features are gone.

fhaber
November 3rd, 2008, 05:07 PM
And I seem to have missed all the excitement. All seems back to normal (weak cheer, no kudos) for me just now. 'Twas a crash; nothing to do with the Mzinga sale.

ktinkel
November 3rd, 2008, 05:12 PM
Right now (6 p.m. EST) the forums seem to be back to normal from a user point of view. No longer have any staff powers anywhere so can’t tell what goes on there.

Dan in Saint Louis
November 3rd, 2008, 05:14 PM
Right now (6 p.m. EST) the forums seem to be back to normal from a user point of view. No longer have any staff powers anywhere so can’t tell what goes on there.Some users are reporting that changing the "text size" (drop-down list at the bottom of the page) changes the appearance. Now, THAT must have been hard to program!

ktinkel
November 3rd, 2008, 07:30 PM
Some users are reporting that changing the "text size" (drop-down list at the bottom of the page) changes the appearance. Now, THAT must have been hard to program!Of course!