PDA

View Full Version : Texas is bigger

Jeff
September 29th, 2008, 02:02 PM
But not much different. Shrubs everywhere.

AP Investigation: Palin practiced small-town politics to help friends, neighbors and herself
WASILLA, Alaska (AP) — Though Sarah Palin depicts herself as a pit bull fighting good-old-boy politics, in her years as mayor she and her friends received special benefits more typical of small-town politics as usual, an Associated Press investigation shows.
When Palin needed to sell her house during her last year as Wasilla mayor, she got the city to sign off on a spe*cial zoning exception — and did so without keeping a promise to remove a potential fire hazard.
She gladly accepted gifts from merchants: A free “awe*some facial” she raved about in a thank-you note to a spa. The “absolutely gorgeous flowers” she received from a welding supply store. Even fresh salmon to take home.
She also stepped in to help friends or neighbors with City Hall dealings. She asked the City Council to add a friend to the list of speakers at a 2002 meeting — and then the friend got up and asked them to give his radio station advertising business.

>> end

Peter Creasey
September 29th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Texas is bigger

Jeff, It doesn't seem appropriate to zing Texas with your thesis.

Judy G. Russell
September 29th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Jeff, It doesn't seem appropriate to zing Texas with your thesis.Texas gave us W.

ktinkel
September 30th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Texas gave us W.And Phil Gramm. And that latter-day environmentalist T. Boone Pickens.

Jeff
September 30th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Jeff, It doesn't seem appropriate to zing Texas with your thesis.

You maybe have never heard of Molly Ivins? She coined the term Shrub in one of her columns.

http://www.creators.com/opinion/molly-ivins.html?columnsName=miv

- Jeff

Judy G. Russell
September 30th, 2008, 02:21 PM
And Phil Gramm. Don't remind me...

And that latter-day environmentalist T. Boone Pickens.Grumble grumble... better late than never, I suppose, if only I could believe his latter-day conversion was real.

Jeff
September 30th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Don't remind me...

Grumble grumble... better late than never, I suppose, if only I could believe his latter-day conversion was real.

No conversion here. She's always been like this. My late wife chatted with her while they were shopping in a department store in The Hague. What security? Everyone recognizes her and the whole country is her security detail. Not even god could help anyone...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/7644114.stm

That woman on the bus is Queen of the Netherlands, of the House of Orange, and is second only to the Queen of England in wealth.

- Jeff

Picture three, please!

Judy G. Russell
September 30th, 2008, 06:06 PM
That woman on the bus is Queen of the Netherlands, of the House of Orange, and is second only to the Queen of England in wealth.She certainly is amazing...

ktinkel
September 30th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Don't remind me...

Grumble grumble... better late than never, I suppose, if only I could believe his latter-day conversion was real.I have exactly that feeling. I still remember him attacking Ann Richards. Sexist unscrupulous bastard are the words that come to mind.

Being nasty doesn’t mean he’s stupid, of course.

Judy G. Russell
October 1st, 2008, 09:04 AM
Sexist unscrupulous bastard are the words that come to mind. Being nasty doesn’t mean he’s stupid, of course.Too true, on both counts.