PDA

View Full Version : slow loading of tapcis pages

davidh
September 2nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
Today is Sept. 2, 2008.

I've been have a lot of very slow page loads the last couple of days or so. I'm using Verizon DSL Lite.

DH

ktinkel
September 2nd, 2008, 07:11 PM
Today is Sept. 2, 2008.

I've been have a lot of very slow page loads the last couple of days or so. I'm using Verizon DSL Lite.I have had slow loads here as well (not sure for how long). And every so often an attempt to search — even to click on New Posts > Get All New Posts brings me to the humorous error page.

If I wait a minute and try again, it works fine.

Judy G. Russell
September 2nd, 2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks, folks, for letting me know. It'd been fine for me, but I'll take a look at it and see what we might be able to do to speed it up.

fhaber
September 5th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Snappy for me, today.

Judy G. Russell
September 5th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Snappy for me, today.Our host has had a couple of problems lately and that may have affected it. I also did an optimize of our database tables just in case. IAE, it's working fine for me as well.

Jeff
September 5th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Our host has had a couple of problems lately and that may have affected it. I also did an optimize of our database tables just in case. IAE, it's working fine for me as well.

Yeah, I noticed the serious slows and then Comcast cable went down. Again. Blame is where I want to put it, and I put it. No lube supplied.

- Jeff

davidh
September 5th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Our host has had a couple of problems lately and that may have affected it. I also did an optimize of our database tables just in case. IAE, it's working fine for me as well.I haven't noticed the problem in the last day or so, so maybe was temporary.

DH

ktinkel
September 5th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks, folks, for letting me know. It'd been fine for me, but I'll take a look at it and see what we might be able to do to speed it up.Seems okay now.

Judy G. Russell
September 5th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Blame is where I want to put it, and I put it.That's it! It's Comcast's fault!

Judy G. Russell
I haven't noticed the problem in the last day or so, so maybe was temporary.Thanks, David. Good to know things are okay now.

Judy G. Russell
Seems okay now.Thanks, Kathleen!

sidney
September 15th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I know that everyone said that things were better, but I still was seeing even worse slowdowns, just more intermittent. It looks like the root cause of the problem has been identified and fixed. Here is the notice from Sonic.net tech support posted today:

We think we have it nailed down to a very abusive customer whose
phpBB site was being abused and in-turn being abusive to the SQL server.

The forum has been taken off-line and we are contacting the
customer; performance should be back to normal now.

We will be tailoring some more fine-grained monitoring so that we
can address this problem much much faster in the future.

-- Augie Schwer - *****@****.sonic.net Sonic.net Senior System Administrator 2260 Apollo Way 707.522.1000 (Voice) Santa Rosa, CA 95407 707.547.2199 (Fax) http://www.sonic.net Key fingerprint = 9815 AE19 AFD1 1FE7 5DEE 2AC3 CB99 2784 27B0 C072

Judy G. Russell
September 16th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I know that everyone said that things were better, but I still was seeing even worse slowdowns, just more intermittent. It looks like the root cause of the problem has been identified and fixed. Here is the notice from Sonic.net tech support posted today:Good to know they're working on this, Sidney. (I also saw some major slowdowns in the last day or so, but purely intermittent!)

fhaber
September 16th, 2008, 11:14 AM
When you think of it, the fact that the forum worked at all while a zombie was sending data back to Mother Russia is a testimonial. It tells me that Sonic doesn't oversell. They also apparently lie less than is the industry norm. This is refreshing.

The rest is probably an artifact of being small and less monitored. I'd take the tradeoff, if the slows don't repeat.